MINI Cooper Forum banner

New Mini Cooper D, What Do You All Think?

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  mr perfect 
#1 ·
Right then guys,

My first post....

I currently drive a 2007 2.0i Z4 and I love it to bits but i'm only getting 27mpg out of it. The way fuel prices are going I'm making the switch back to mini. Previously I have owned a 51 One, 56 R56 Cooper pw/b before my Z4.

This is the spec i'm looking at as I don't want another PW mini...

The spec is:

Exterior:

Colour: Lightning Blue.

Wheels: 16" Bridge Spoke Alloys. (part of chili pack)

Black Bonnet Stripes.

Roof: Black

Wing Mirrors: Chrome Mirror Caps.

Interior:

Cloth & Leather Ray Cream White.

Interior Trim in Piano Black.

Extras & Packages:

Chili pack.

Sports Suspension.

Chrome line Interior.

Chrome Mirror Caps.

Colour Line Cream White.

Park Distance Control / sensors.

Hi-fi Speaker system.

Full Bluetooth with USB.

White Indicator Lenses.

-------------------

Total: £18,430.

Net: £15,685.11

VAT: £2,744.89

Opinions and views welcome.

Cheers.

Simon.

See less See more
#7 ·
Cheers Rakey, thats interesting... However I have had a Cooper petrol before so maybe i'm choosing the Diesel for the sake of a change. Also, anything is better than 27mpg from a 2.0i. It seems amazing to be a new (2007) bmw 2.0i engine will only get 27mpg. But I do drive it like a sports car.

Secondly, I think that in the long run the Diesel will hold its money better, as fuel prices continue to rise and will the congestion charge likely to be incurred in more city's... It's not a huge difference.

So, I have specced the full bluetooth (apparently this includes the MFSW) ? The DAB seems a bit pricey considering I use my ipod most of the time, but I can see the bonus of it. My aim was to keep this car at and around the £18,000 mark... But i've already pushed that.

My last PW Cooper in Nov,2006, one of the first R56's was £22,000. And I lost £5,000 of that in six months when I came to sell because I had silly options such as aero kit that do not really help residual's.

So.... How come the spot lights are not on the design your MINI website?

Should I fork out £1500 for the sat nav? Sheesh that seems steep.

Oh and I am going for the sports suspension because I like the bumpy ride of my z4, and I had SS + 17's on my last mini. Should the 16" wheels on this one be bumpier?

Cheers guys!

sy.

#8 ·
Yes bluetooth includes MFSW and USB connection so you hook up your iPod:) There are other ways coming soon from NewMINIStuff.com for audio in the R56 which might give you DAB later on.

Spots are not on the site as they are dealer fit, like the aero kit;)

Diesel would still be my preference if I was getting a Cooper, much more fun, infact I think I prefer it to the R56 MCS we've got. But be careful as diesel prices seem to be going up more than petrol due to supply being not as good as petrol.

Good choice to stick with the SS too, I'd hate it if it was any sloppyer than it is already.

Sat nav is ordered by a lot of people as they think it improves the visual look of the centre stack, me I'd rather keep the cash and not have the option as it is worth hardly anything come trade in, and you also need to spec the climate control too as well as pay the £1500 for it:eek:

#9 ·
Rakey,

Cheers for that bit of information regarding the climate control and sat nav.

I'd rather buy a new top of the line tom tom I think and go to Portugal for a long weekend ;)

Also, my only concern was the half leather seats i've chosen in white. If I remember, the half leather in the r56 is a pin stripe cloth. Does anyone on here have a picture of this with the half white leather and white bolsters etc in the doors and around the dash. I've looked on the 'design your own mini' but its not real is it so... I've had piano black to go with it...

I'm going to test drive a cooper D tomorrow :)

sy.

#10 ·
We've got the lounge leather in ours, but then we have the white colourline and piano black, its a nice combo, and will work with the half leather too. The white does get grubby easily though, but worth it as long as you don't mind cleaning it:)

Someone will come along with a photo soon, or if not you can use the search function and search members by their car spec;)

#19 ·
You need to work out whether you will actually save by having a dooper. With the difference between petrol and diesel, plus the cost to buy, you may actually be better off with a cooper.

Make sure you get the visibility pack - £220. Includes auto dim mirror, heated screen, auto lights and wipers. You'll find the heated screen to be brilliant - I would never have a MINI without after having it. It really is a good option and clears your screen of ice in less than a minute.

#20 ·
Sounds a really good speced up car you got there mate:D the only thing is that if you would have opted for the sat nav you would have got a picture of your car on the screen when you select reverse to help you park as you have already gone for the parking sensors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.