MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I just picked up my Mini Cooper S 2005 Dark SIlver/White roof last week, and I would like to say hi to you all. :)

My S has the premium, chrono pit and Sport package plus the chrome mirror. So far, I am very very happy with it. My previous car was a Honda Prelude 2000, and I can tell the Mini S has way more fun than my Honda. :dark:

My S now has around 600KM.. Should I rev it under 3000RPM while "run-in" it?

All the best to all the cooper owners :)

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
Hi, & Welcome to MINI2 :D
Think you`re Ok to rev up to 4500rpm for the first 1200 miles running in, although a few incursions up to 7000 rpm are inevitable sometimes ...for safety reasons ;)

Is the speedo in Canadian cars in Km then ??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Restyle said:
Hi, & Welcome to MINI2 :D
Think you`re Ok to rev up to 4500rpm for the first 1200 miles running in, although a few incursions up to 7000 rpm are inevitable sometimes ...for safety reasons ;)

Is the speedo in Canadian cars in Km then ??

Hello to all:

Yes, the Canadia speedo shows in KM/H... And do you find the 1st gear is quit slow? Cause whenever I launch my car (Launch within 2K rpm) then shift at around 3~4K rpm, my S always feels under power(cars behind me always push very close to me).... But then when I shift to 2nd, it starts to pull. What rpm do you all Launch your MCS?

I will post out some pics once I get my Digit Camera.. :dark:

Best in regards.

·
Damned
4,534 Posts
MiniDSW2005 said:
... But then when I shift to 2nd, it starts to pull. What rpm do you all Launch your MCS?
1st gear does pose problems with getting any traction down without spinning the wheels. :(
Just make sure you have the power draining A/C off when anybodys watching, else it gets a tad embarrassing
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Welcome to MINI2, I assume Minis are still pretty rare out in Canada so you'll get
plenty of attention. Up to 4,500rpm should be fine running in and vary the speed
i.e. if you are driving long distance don't just stick at the legal limit mile after mile.
Or should I say kilometer after kilometer, am I right on thinking Canada is now
officially a metric country even though no one has noticed? Either way enjoy the
driving :) .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all:

Thanks for the replies and info. And one more question.. What RPM do you all launch with your MCS? Now I used to launch around 1.5K or 2K rpm..

And today when I open my MCS hood, I cannot find the SC pulley... Is it the one locates on the left hand side of the bottom? If so, it looks like it will be very tough to change the pulley unless taking off the front bumper...... :confused:

And it seems the gap between my front bumper and the hood is quit big... Around .5cm... Is it normal? When I look at my brother's MCS 2004, the gap looks smaller... :confused:

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Congrats on your new motor :D

Cheers,
Scotty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts