MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,on our f56 64 plate mini cooper D,the daytime running lights are on. (DRL)

It does not give the option on the media boost screen to turn them off.:crying:

Does anyone know if/how you can turn them off?

Any info would be great...thanks

::smile::

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Daytime running lights are now a legal requirement (there are some exceptions for vehicles designed before the regulations) so there will be no option to turn them off.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Why do you want to turn them off anyway?
You could take the fuse out, or cover them over with tape, or unplug them I suppose so they dont show but that now might make the car illegal as said?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Daytime running lights are now a legal requirement (there are some exceptions for vehicles designed before the regulations) so there will be no option to turn them off.

Hi,thanks.....we have seen loads of 15 plate minis without them on...strange...yes on the screen the option is faded out to turn them off

Why do you want to turn them off anyway?
You could take the fuse out, or cover them over with tape, or unplug them I suppose so they dont show but that now might make the car illegal as said?
Because they look stupid....looks like driving around with the fog lights on like some chav....oh well,have to put up with it....fuse out could mean error light on dash.

thanks

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
....looks like driving around with the fog lights on like some chav....
That's Mini for you - making sure yoyu have to advertise that you didn't pay through the nose for the LED upgrade....

2nd generation had something similar with non-foglight light fittings in bumper -they appeared to have been designed to be as ugly as possible, thereby encouraging folk to pay for the foglights.

I have an Aug 2011 MC. How do I know if I have DRL's fitted or not. I live in Spain! Were they an optional extra?
It is an EU law, so you will have them as well - start the car, get out and walk round the front to see if they are on - or you could find a black car to drive behind so you can see the DRL's reflection.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is an EU law, so you will have them as well - start the car, get out and walk round the front to see if they are on - or you could find a black car to drive behind so you can see the DRL's reflection.....
I definitely don't have any lights on when the engine is running. If they are fitted I have to turn them on somewhere!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Sorry, I didn't read the 2011 bit - you will certainly not have DRLs as standard.

You can use the menu option to automatically switch on the headlights as DRLs, though if you want the DRLs-as-fashion-statement that won't be much good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts