MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 mini cooper s
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I recently bought an 09 mini s, and having trouble understanding the bently publishers mini cooper service manual. I'm not getting power to the fuel pump and can't figure out if the k96 relay is the removable relay in the fuse kick panel or if it's sodered internally into the fuse panel circuit board. The manual shows 2 illustration referring to both as k96 in different section of the book. One shows the fuse box circuit board while opened, also thiers another illustration labeling it as 30g terminal relay? Are they all one in the same or connected directly to each other? I'm just confused on labels even the dme and ecu confuse me but from what it sounds like the dme is part of the ecu, maybe I'm reading it wrong I'm just a diyer but this book is kinda throwing me for a loop also fuse locations don't match up to my fuse kick panel cover chart. From the tests that I have done i narrowed it down to a connection issue before the white/blue fuel pump wire I've tested the supposed k96 relay and it's good ( switch activates and gets continuity) for now I get around buy connecting battery power straight to fuel pump, according to the manuel the pump stays active until engine is shut down so I'm assuming i won't have problems with burning out my fuel pump on the non return fuel sytem. If I jump the 2 terminal from A and B, fuel pump should come on, bit it doesn't, if I test batter voltage I'm getting about 9v which is really low, I'm thinking my fuse panel is shot but I just don't feel confident yet understanding this repair manual and I'm not the kind of guy that likes to throw parts on hoping it solves the problem, any techs that know these cars or that can help me understand the info I've given?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
DME is a ecu, ie under bonnet engine management
BCM OR JBE same as that is in the floorwell this also works with the cas/ewl for anti theft , when this goes fault can be due to loosing rolling codes between it and the keys ,
its common with age for the bcm relay for in tank fuel pump to over hat and fail , in uk BBA REMEN do repair service for them

·
Registered
2009 mini cooper s
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol seriously only one person chimed in? Surely some one must know? Where are all the mini enthusiasts techs that now thier stuff?

·
Registered
2009 mini cooper s
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
guess i dont know enough for you then lol,
You explained some of my inquiries regarding the ecu but as for the fuel pump relay Im still confused on k96 fuel pump relay, I have no cel so I'm thinking it's my fuse box because if it was the ecu/dme not grounding the relay I would think a cel would come on if the ecu noticed that the circuit wasn't being closed. I'm just not to clear on if I'm testing the right circuit because k96 is listed in 2 different locations and is also being labeled terminal 30g relay.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
in the car is body control module tis module controls all the body functions in the car including a soldered in relay for in tank fuel pump this runs off number F43 fuse , scren shot of autodata for this bcm and what fuses are , now you know the fuse you can open the unit up and trace the connections with magnifying glass from this fuse holder back to either circuit to pump feed or backwards to its relay that is soldered on the circuit board ,,
later cars use different relay set up ie F-series as link below shows the part
Screenshot (299).png
Screenshot (298).png

1 - 6 of 6 Posts