MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does anybody else find the allocation of build slots a little bit odd.?Can anyone explain.When i put my order in for a new MINI ONE i was told that it would arrive around the 17th of september with a build date of 6th september ,asking out of curiosity about MCS slots i'm told it would be December.Yesterday on one of the threads i was reading a guy from America said that he'd put in an order that day and was told 6 to 8 weeks,and i've read other posts where people have ordered after me and are expecting their car sooner.I'm not bothered too much about the wait(half the fun is the anticipation) but i just thought it seems a bit odd.Two weeks after ordering mine the guy at \mini told me that if i ordered that day i would still have a build slot for the same time.....huhh?Can someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered a Cooper S yesterday and of the 4 dealers i spoke to was told, November, November, February, and March!

As said above, in the UK each dealer has an allocation so i guess you need to look for a popular dealer with a big allocation. Or find one where they've had a cancellation...

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your knowledge.I was going to say surely it would be fairer to allocate a slot for a car as its sold that way its first come first serve but i suppose if you had one dealer who sold alot of cars he could theoretically take all the available slots for a year or two,making it a bit tricky to get your hands on a car.It still seems a little odd but i can't think of a better way of doing ii.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
zyo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing