MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does anybody else find the allocation of build slots a little bit odd.?Can anyone explain.When i put my order in for a new MINI ONE i was told that it would arrive around the 17th of september with a build date of 6th september ,asking out of curiosity about MCS slots i'm told it would be December.Yesterday on one of the threads i was reading a guy from America said that he'd put in an order that day and was told 6 to 8 weeks,and i've read other posts where people have ordered after me and are expecting their car sooner.I'm not bothered too much about the wait(half the fun is the anticipation) but i just thought it seems a bit odd.Two weeks after ordering mine the guy at \mini told me that if i ordered that day i would still have a build slot for the same time.....huhh?Can someone enlighten me?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered a Cooper S yesterday and of the 4 dealers i spoke to was told, November, November, February, and March!

As said above, in the UK each dealer has an allocation so i guess you need to look for a popular dealer with a big allocation. Or find one where they've had a cancellation...

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your knowledge.I was going to say surely it would be fairer to allocate a slot for a car as its sold that way its first come first serve but i suppose if you had one dealer who sold alot of cars he could theoretically take all the available slots for a year or two,making it a bit tricky to get your hands on a car.It still seems a little odd but i can't think of a better way of doing ii.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts