MINI Cooper Forum banner

New MINI Service Center option in the south bay area...

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mrhollio 
#1 ·
The new South Bay MINI Service Center is now open (officially today - Hawthorne Blvd at 190th next to Penske Cadillac). Left a message on Tuesday for the Service Manager and he called me back this morning. He was very happy to schedule my service (replace steering wheel, recall service, oil change).

I have not been that happy with the service at LB MINI and it is considerably farther away. I will update this thread with a review of my experience after my service on the 8th (they need to order a replacement steering wheel).

#2 ·
I didn't know the service bays were even complete yet. That's good to hear.

When you go there and speak with them, could you find out how many total bays they will eventually have?

When I placed my order the MA wasn't exactly sure since it was not yet open and there was not somene else to ask.

Thank you....

#3 ·
dancefreak said:
I didn't know the service bays were even complete yet. That's good to hear.

When you go there and speak with them, could you find out how many total bays they will eventually have?

When I placed my order the MA wasn't exactly sure since it was not yet open and there was not somene else to ask.

Thank you....
will do...

#4 ·
South Bay MINI

:dark: They are open for service and are very accomodating! They have a total of 77 service bays for both BMW and MINI with dedicated MINI techs. I had a recall for my MCS and called them and they were able to get me in two days later!! :eek: Also, they are a MSRP dealer and have over 50+ cars in stock.... definately recommend them to anyone who is looking for a no BS dealer with great selection!

#5 ·
Sorry for the delay...

On the first trip to service I got the recall service done but they didn't order my new steering wheel. I had to wait another week and reschedule. That turned out better because in the meantime my coolant tank blew a seam!

The service area is in their final home (moved from the temporary location by the MINI side of the house). Let me say that the service advisor (Jeff Lund) was great. Even though the dealership is a mess (they are open but not complete), I felt he was really interested in helping - something the guys at LB have never been. He actually called when he said he would and the car was ready on time (new steering wheel, coolant tank, washed and vacuumed).

They are using xB Scions as a shuttle vehicle... complete with BMW emblems! They dropped me off at my office and even offered to come pick me up when the car was ready.

The service at South Bay was refreshing! I hope it continues at the same level for the life of my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.