MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I keep bringing this up guys but has anyone actually managed it yet.

Let me know as I'm keen to get my hands on an MP3 player for the car!

Tim7

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
Do you mean has anyone got the MP3 cd in a new mini or has anyone retofitted and Mp3 cd into an older model. Some convertible owners who got the old cd player have managed to get the new one fitted (see convertible thread) so they must be compatible. Others (like me) whose cars were built this month have the new cd player which plays MP3s and WMAs. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello mate.

I mean fitting the new MINI MP3 into an old car. Sounds like it's possible then. Does anyone have the part number for the new CD player?

Tim

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
It does not have two tuners, TMC is enabled and is an official feature, handbook enclosed with car but does not seem to work. Apparently the Z4 has a single tuner as well (according to dealer) but TMC does work in this. My dealer is contacting BMW! :confused:
I thought the twin tuner meant you could listen to another radio station whilst the TMC "listens" to the TMC channel (in UK Classic FM)-is this correct?

Manual states "when the radio is switched on , it automatically switches to the best reception station with TMC traffic information"
Call up "menu"
Select GPS navigation
Select RDS-TMC"

......etc

CD model is "Radio Business CD, model no. VD1010"-is this any help?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
rentagas
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing