MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been talking to my dealer and they've found the new stereo and it looks like it'll work in an older car. However, I cannot return it if it doesn't work, which is nice!

If anyone else is interested the part number for the new MP3 MINI stereo is 6512 6941 368. This part number is for a recondition one which means you need to return your old unit to get it. Alternative you can order 6512 6941 367 and that's a brand new one. The prices are roughly £320 plus VAT and £400 plus VAT respectively.

I'm going to order it next week and I'll let you guys know how I get on.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Are you sure this is the new head unit? Unless they got the part number physically off a new unit I'd be very concerned that it was going to be an old head unit. The parts catalogue makes no reference to the MP3 capable head unit...

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
StevePSB said:
Are you sure this is the new head unit? Unless they got the part number physically off a new unit I'd be very concerned that it was going to be an old head unit. The parts catalogue makes no reference to the MP3 capable head unit...
Steve do you know of a supply problem with the new head units {MP3 version}as the dealership I'm using reckons they keep sending the older version as I'm waiting to have mine replaced.????

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
They will keep sending the old version if what I suspect is happening is right...

Like I say, there appears to be no mention of the new head unit on the MINI parts catalogue, so someone ordering the head unit from the catalogue will go for the newest part number for a new car. Even though that part number might look right to the person ordering it, I fear the newest part number is actually the old pre MP3 head unit.

I'd suggest that the part number for the MP3 capable head unit is actually taken from the MP3 capable head unit itself (although that isn't infallible).

Anyone here got their MP3 capable head unit out, or changed it for a non MINI head unit? If so, what part number does it have on it?

·
fully ISO 3103 Compliant
300 Posts
StevePSB said:
They will keep sending the old version if what I suspect is happening is right...

Like I say, there appears to be no mention of the new head unit on the MINI parts catalogue, so someone ordering the head unit from the catalogue will go for the newest part number for a new car. Even though that part number might look right to the person ordering it, I fear the newest part number is actually the old pre MP3 head unit.

I'd suggest that the part number for the MP3 capable head unit is actually taken from the MP3 capable head unit itself (although that isn't infallible).

Anyone here got their MP3 capable head unit out, or changed it for a non MINI head unit? If so, what part number does it have on it?
And if you have had it out, I'll buy it off you, as I want a new head unit. Even give you my 04 if you want to put an orginal one back in when you get rid of it. ( why would you want to do that? )

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
maxsendq said:
And if you have had it out, I'll buy it off you, as I want a new head unit. Even give you my 04 if you want to put an orginal one back in when you get rid of it. ( why would you want to do that? )

Just had another thought.. Get a hold of someone who is ordering a new car but wants to go Aftermarket. Perhaps you could come to some arrangement where they order the new boost and you give them the money and your old head unit.

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
xnetco said:
Hi,

Been talking to my dealer and they've found the new stereo and it looks like it'll work in an older car. However, I cannot return it if it doesn't work, which is nice!

If anyone else is interested the part number for the new MP3 MINI stereo is 6512 6941 368. This part number is for a recondition one which means you need to return your old unit to get it. Alternative you can order 6512 6941 367 and that's a brand new one. The prices are roughly £320 plus VAT and £400 plus VAT respectively.

I'm going to order it next week and I'll let you guys know how I get on.

Cheers

Tim
If they are offering reconditioned ones already I would be worried

·
Now in Hot Orange
36 Posts
mjg315q said:
Just had another thought.. Get a hold of someone who is ordering a new car but wants to go Aftermarket. Perhaps you could come to some arrangement where they order the new boost and you give them the money and your old head unit.
I wouldn't be too adverse to that.
My MCSC is due mid Nov.

I'm currently going with WAVE unit at the moment, but given the money for the BOOST and CD upgrade + an old (working!) BOOST head unit (just so I can have something in my new car before I get round to buying aftermarket) then we may have a deal.

Still changing my mind with regards to other spec. items at the moment, so one more thing wouldn't surprise my dealer! (too much choice!... Arggh! ;))

Simon.,

·
fully ISO 3103 Compliant
300 Posts
SimonL said:
I wouldn't be too adverse to that.
My MCSC is due mid Nov.

I'm currently going with WAVE unit at the moment, but given the money for the BOOST and CD upgrade + an old (working!) BOOST head unit (just so I can have something in my new car before I get round to buying aftermarket) then we may have a deal.

Still changing my mind with regards to other spec. items at the moment, so one more thing wouldn't surprise my dealer! (too much choice!... Arggh! ;))

Simon.,
I have PMed you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts