MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the prices on a used Mini good enough to justify going used? Where can I find the model year changes from 2002-2003-2004-2005? CarMax has some, but they dont have very detailed pictures or specifications.

Thanks!

·
MINI Geek
515 Posts
Considering the great resale value of the car, I say get it new. You can always sell it in a year or so and make back most of the money you spent. I believe many members on here do that to upgrade to a newer MC or MCS.

I am in the boat that likes to get things new. It'll be hard the day I have to buy a car used :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya, I configured one new, around 20k (non-S) I look at them used they seem to run 18-19k, wow.

·
Proud Owner of YODA
44 Posts
I bought mine used from a guy in Texas. It was only $19000 for a 03 MCS. It has air intake, reduced pulley, stiffer back suspension, and 4 (yes 4!) ralley lights on the front. You really have to do you homework and look around. There are tons of great deals floating around. I found mine on cars.com. That site is pretty good.

Chris :green:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Have the Same Issue

I'm leaning towards an MCS '03 with 20K miles. I can get navigation, aero-kit, all 3 packages and leather for under $24K and still have a year of warranty left. Now I could spec a new one w/ the features I really must have and it would be a mere $3K more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point, whats the "average" wait time from order to delivery here in the US, if there is one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If I had the money for a new one and didn't mind the wait (a Jan-build with the new options), it's not bad to go new since these cars do hold their value very well and the '05s have some very nice changes.

That said, I recently purchased a used '03 MCS that had all the options I wanted (3 packages, nav), in the color combo I wanted, with 9k miles on the lock and nice extras like the aux gauges, full stongard, car cover and an extra set of wheels. I saved over $6k compared to purchasing new so I whole heartedly support the used option, it's hard to argue with that chunk of change. :)

If buying used, be patient to wait for the exact combo you want... there are alot of Minis forsale in every configuration so make sure you get what you want at a good price!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts