MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we picked up our new P/W Cooper today and unfortunately the garage let us know an hour before pick up that there was damage to the rear bumper :frown: Having waited for 4 months the thought of not getting the car on the day we were due to collect it was too much so we went over and found two small one inch scratches with paint missing and of course the dealer confirmed they would get it sorted immed. Anyway cutting a long story short they agreed some comp in the form of a free supply and fit Check roof.

My question is havign searched around the forums I can't seem to find any P/W with check roof and mirrors (we already had the mirrors as part of the spec) Does anyone know of any picture showing a P/W with both roof and mirrors done in check, or does anyone have any comments on whether this will look cool (or not?)

I have attached a pic of 'Kirby' as she has now been named to show you what she looks like but would appreciate any thoughts as they will be collecting her on Monday for the repair and roof to be done.

Attachments

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
The roof will go well if the white checks match the Pepper White body. There is a huge difference between Pepper White and Alpine White, and when side by side they look odd. Just the opinion of a PW owner. There is a reason why MINI don't offer the white roof on a PW car:)

Congrats on the car by the way. Sorry about the damage though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do agree that the whites don't match and the mirror caps do look a little different from the PW body. My thinking was that actually having the roof done will actually make things look better as they would match with the mirror caps and take the 'edge' off the bright white mirrors compared to the rest of the car if that makes sense?

The damage is a pain but you have to put it in perspective I guess and this is probably more common than most realise except normally the garages will 'remove' any marks before the customer takes delivery whereas in this case they obviously spotted it too late (although you can see where they tried to touch up one of the scratches (badly) so they really had no choice but to respray the whole bumper!!!!

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Congrats on the car - it looks lovely :) I think a checkered roof will finish it off nicely - and as you say will tie in with the mirrors :)

Transit damage does happen as you can imagine - but to be fair its better to know about it, and good on you dealer for giving you a freebie graphic ;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
So we picked up our new P/W Cooper today and unfortunately the garage let us know an hour before pick up that there was damage to the rear bumper :frown: Having waited for 4 months the thought of not getting the car on the day we were due to collect it was too much so we went over and found two small one inch scratches with paint missing and of course the dealer confirmed they would get it sorted immed. Anyway cutting a long story short they agreed some comp in the form of a free supply and fit Check roof.

My question is havign searched around the forums I can't seem to find any P/W with check roof and mirrors (we already had the mirrors as part of the spec) Does anyone know of any picture showing a P/W with both roof and mirrors done in check, or does anyone have any comments on whether this will look cool (or not?)

I have attached a pic of 'Kirby' as she has now been named to show you what she looks like but would appreciate any thoughts as they will be collecting her on Monday for the repair and roof to be done.
Just my opinion, but the MINI chequed parts do not go at all with PW bodywork. I'd get the dealers to fit the JCW front mesh grill / black surrounds:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the comments, will decide what to do after the weekend but did see a p/w today with a check roof and it did look pretty cool (even though a slightly different white)

Have added a couple of other pics that I took this morning (including one of the scratched bumper) and I know you guys put your specs on here so have put all the bits we had on below:

Chili pack
17" Flame spokes
MFSW
Bonnet stripes
Chrome line Ext
Visibility pack
Darkened rear glass
Auto dim mirror
Colour line cream interior
Additional decor rings
Rain sensor
Bi-Xenon headlights
White indicator lenses (And silver vision bulbs!!!!!)
Check mirrors
Chrome driving lamps
Chrome filler cap

Possible check roof coming soon!!!

Oh and we took her out for a run today so just hit 100 miles on the clock and averaged 39 mpg so not too bad really!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
mister.t
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing