MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just ordered our new baby in Island Blue, with the Iconic package! Super excited! Can anyone give any insight into why MINI won’t let us order the British Oak leather with the Stone Hill Grey Interior trim? It looks amazing together, from a video I’ve seen. They force you to order black leather with the stone hill grey or black trim with any of the colored leathers. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

This is my first order, but my third mini. The other two were used.

I have attached a picture of the stone hill Grey trim with British oak. The door trim is my favorite part.

My sales manager has put in a call to production to see if there is anything that can be done, but since it clearly states it in the ordering guide, I am not optimistic. I don’t know how this car managed to pull it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
The marketing team in Oxford May have decided that only one owner in 250,000 might want that combination so decided not o offer it as it wouldn’t be worth gearing up the subcontractor to build so few interior components in that colour scheme. I wanted a nonstandard interior in a Range Rovef which in theory Land Rover could do through their Autobiography system of ordering but the price quoted made it not worth doing in the end. Custom interiors are hugely expensive even when offered in a bespoke build. You might be able to find an after market refinished who could supply the bit though if you really wanted to pull out a brand new interior! Have fun with your PHEV when it arrives, I love mine and it’s my first Mini after 30myears of owning Range Rovers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The marketing team in Oxford May have decided that only one owner in 250,000 might want that combination so decided not o offer it as it wouldn’t be worth gearing up the subcontractor to build so few interior components in that colour scheme. I wanted a nonstandard interior in a Range Rovef which in theory Land Rover could do through their Autobiography system of ordering but the price quoted made it not worth doing in the end. Custom interiors are hugely expensive even when offered in a bespoke build. You might be able to find an after market refinished who could supply the bit though if you really wanted to pull out a brand new interior! Have fun with your PHEV when it arrives, I love mine and it’s my first Mini after 30myears of owning Range Rovers!
Thank you for the awesome explanation. This makes perfect sense! I am glad to hear you are loving it. I was very excited to hear on Monday that my production should be completed March 17-23. My dealer must have done a very good job managing orders. Someone else was telling me there order from January doesn’t have a production date yet!

I went ahead and signed up for an extended warranty last night. The mini I’m getting rid of went through an exceptionally rough patch between 35-130k miles. (I drove a loaner more than I drove my mini while it was still under the CPO warranty.) I couldn’t find a warranty to cover the hybrid battery, but everything else would be, so I’m comfortable with that. You are probably used to expensive repairs with a Range Rover, but I just thought I’d mention it. Hopefully I’ll never need it and it will be an extravagant waste of money. 😬

·
Registered
23 Posts
They are great cars to drive and are practical too,i love just driving round town in pure electric and then just switching to ICE on the open roads.
Enjoy your Phev when it arrives.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Same here. But I’m picking a Lapisluxury Blue Iconic from the dealer. First new Mini too! We also have a 07 Conv S special hot orange one! Extended warranty worth it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good colour choice, Lapis Blue is very nice and was something we were considering changing to after our initial order but it was too late to change as it had already been built.
No regrets though melting silver is also a great colour especially with the black roof and wing mirror combo.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My Melting Silver PHEV with Black roof, optional black roof rails and scuff plates on the sills (roof rails and scuff plates are normally brushed alloy effect / Matt silvery colour)

I would not have a black roof again as it makes the car very hot inside and that triggers the battery cooling fans that deplete the HV battery if the car isn’t plugged into a charger........ I also have the panoramic roof

1 - 7 of 7 Posts