MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Just Can't Get Enough
49,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Motoring Laws

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3529864.stm

the tories are suggesting they will review speed cameras, provide more traffic police to reduce other car crime and increase the speed limit on motorways if they are elected.

Do you think this is just the tories trying to captitolise on an issue close to motorists hearts or a serious policy?

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
mad brummie said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3529864.stm

the tories are suggesting they will review speed cameras, provide more traffic police to reduce other car crime and increase the speed limit on motorways if they are elected.

Do you think this is just the tories trying to captitolise on an issue close to motorists hearts or a serious policy?
Is the Pope catholic?

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
It's a serious policy....I hope :eek:
Transport is one of the biggest areas that really effects the people and is a "vote winner".
As it's worded in that article everything said is common sense. It could be spin but why would it need to be spin when it's something that is quite easy to carry out :confused:
Labour really has a big thing against motorists and it really needs to stop. We are been persecutaed by the current government and now their new idea to change the road tax where they intend to charge you per mile and what time you travel is ludicrous :mad: :mad:
The car is supposed to give you freedom and in what we deem to be a western civilisation I believe freedom of movement should be allowed. Why the heck shuld I pay more if I want to go where ever I want to go :confused: :consfused:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Oh, what nasty things are being said on here about these self deprecating, shy people who only have the public's interests foremost in their hearts.......

:rolleyes:

·
Animal
10,755 Posts
They are saying it so they can reduce labour's majority at the next election. It's not serious because they are not going to win the next election, and by the election after that they will have a new leader and will have probably dumped the policy.

·
Raptor master
397 Posts
Martin L said:
We are been persecutaed by the current government and now their new idea to change the road tax where they intend to charge you per mile and what time you travel is ludicrous :mad: :mad:
And you're not taxed by the mile right now? Check how much of the litre price you pay for fuel is tax as it stands...if fuel were cheaper at certain times people would change their habits and jams would ease.

Once a tax/money grabbing policy is in place the other lot (whichever lot that is) never change it anyway... :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Cheatin Jockey
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing