MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, but what's with all the chrome?
Well I was debating whether or not to use the black grille surround in the JCW kit, and decided that the chrome surround just looked better! Also, the Cooper S side repeaters are nicer than the black plastic versions, so that's that's why they're there!

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
Mine's similar, but I kept the JCW black trims, and color coded the tailgate handle, as someone here suggested. It looks a hell of a lot better imo, but it's personal preference I guess. Still looks individual though!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine's similar, but I kept the JCW black trims, and color coded the tailgate handle, as someone here suggested. It looks a hell of a lot better imo, but it's personal preference I guess. Still looks individual though!
I wouldn't agree with you there at all, but it's a personal preference I suppose! How come you didn't get the bottom trim of your rear bumper colour coded? I think that makes a bigger difference than the tailgate handle. I think you should go for bonnet stripes!

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
How come you didn't get the bottom trim of your rear bumper colour coded? I think that makes a bigger difference than the tailgate handle. I think you should go for bonnet stripes!
It is color coded, if you're talking about the diffusor. I thought about stripes, but they're too common these days. You don't see many cars that are all one color without stripes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Leave it as it is, looks great! I think the front bumper and sideskirts give the best improvements over the standard kit, the sideskirts make the MINI appear lower.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is color coded, if you're talking about the diffusor. I thought about stripes, but they're too common these days. You don't see many cars that are all one color without stripes.
Maybe in the UK, but in Ireland, the opposite is true - most MINIs have no stipes over here!

One thing I have to get is a John Cooper Works badge for the grille...!

·
Registered
227 Posts
In my opinion it looks cool without stripes. I like how you've kept the chrome grille as most if not all have black ones now adays with the aero kit.

Nice work ! :biggrin:

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
One thing I have to get is a John Cooper Works badge for the grille...!
Yes something I too would like, I want one for the back too! I hear the OEM ones are quite expensive, could be worth getting some people together and doing a group buy?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes something I too would like, I want one for the back too! I hear the OEM ones are quite expensive, could be worth getting some people together and doing a group buy?
Are you sure about getting one for the back? I considered it, but I think the tailgate badge looks a bit cheap. I'm just going to put one on the front I think. I really like the JCW side sills that came with my kit!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Are you sure about getting one for the back? I considered it, but I think the tailgate badge looks a bit cheap. I'm just going to put one on the front I think. I really like the JCW side sills that came with my kit!
The one on the back is the same badge as on the front but without the bolt ends and nuts. How would it look cheap without the front one looking the same?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The one on the back is the same badge as on the front but without the bolt ends and nuts. How would it look cheap without the front one looking the same?
The front JCW badge mounted on the black background (mesh grille) looks cool but the tailgate badge against the red almost looks like an aftermarket sticker job! It looks cheap...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts