MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys in the quest for even more performance & flow we are now offering the GTT stage 4 head with fully CNC machined larger INLET valve throats. The throat diameter at the valve seat is a whopping 2mm larger than before. All other spec remains unchanged.
All Stage 4 heads ordered from now on will automatically have this improved spec, oh and no increase in the price either...still £1299+vat AND you still get to keep your old stock head ..:smile:

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys, we all ready have one used stage 2 in stock at present , so you would get a better price selling privatley, we are happy to confirm to anybody interested that it is GTT stage 2 and low mileage. :smile:

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Erm..... i just had the stage 4 fitted in the past few months..... what options do i have now???

:-(

LOL

Cheers,
K.

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Erm..... i just had the stage 4 fitted in the past few months..... what options do i have now???

:-(

LOL

Cheers,
K.
RR the car, have the head fitted, RR the car again and then tell us all the gains! That would be ace.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Roland,
Can you give a overview of the typical benefits of what a stage 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 head would give over the stock MCS head.

Cheers

Perm

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
why can't stage 2 heads be fettled to stage 4 spec. Would seem fairer for stage 2 owners to have that done than shelling out another 1400 quid for the stage 4.??????????????????????????? I'm nt shelling out another 1400 wuid plus fitting for an unproven stage 4 conversion.

So if you want to sort something out Roland price wise you can stage 4 mine and then get the RR read out on an independent rollers of what the difference is. Over to you

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
..My car and Lees car both still have the original Stage 4 heads same as you guys:)
Its IMO not worth changing from original stage 4 to latest version, save the money and put towards the turbo . The improvements in flow on the inlet side will be subtle, how that effects power will also be dependant on other mods to some degree.
Stage 2 to stage 4 is a bigger jump in spec though, but again even stage 2 with a GTT turbo conversion is going to be very very quick.
Ant....We could remachine your head to (original) stage 4 spec, but we would be 'undoing' all the CNC machining on the exhaust seats that is done on stage 2 therefore bear in mind would be paying for this work/machine set up etc twice, plus all the ports would need flowing by hand aswell all the way down as is bigger, also needs a set of shrick ex valves, hand lapping (again) and dismantling assembling (again) .
Its not that we dont dont to do it , its just the cost effectiness of repeating many of the operations .
......Excluding removing /refitting etc we can do for £750+vat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is this stage 4 head more aimed at people with/going for turbo conversions rather than those staying with the SC?

I intend to go for the GTT220 package first followed later by the GTT240 package. After that, if I wanted to go for the GTT260 package, would I be better off paying the extra for the Stage 4 head rather than the Stage 2 one?

I'm just trying to work out if the gains will be worth paying the extra, but I guess we won't really know until a performance comparision between the Stage 2 and Stage 4 heads is done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts