MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Has anyone tried the new Shell FuelSave Diesel in their Doopers? I filled up with it on Friday and drove from Nottingham to Birmingham and back. The absolute best mpg I have obtained on the computer is around 68. Imagine my surprise then when it hit an average of 80 during this trip!

With the computer still showing an average of over 75 (as I had covered a few less economical miles since returning home) I refilled at the same garage. I couldn't believe that my ACTUAL mpg was only 62? Now, my computer is usually around 2 to 4 mpg on the optimistic side, but should it really be out by 13mpg! I wondered if this new fuel could somehow "confuse" the computer?

JED

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had to use this fuel when my local garage had no premium available (and I didn't have sufficient fuel left to find another Shell garage). It turned out to be more expensive than the premium, as the real mpg was much lower than the cost saving.

I don't trust the average mpg calculation - my long term (17k miles) average reading is in the high 60s, whereas my real fuel consumption is just under 58mpg.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts