MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've ordered my new car ( and put deposit down) to replace the dodgy one I ended up with (or more specifically the dodgy dealer). So far no help from BMW UK Customer Services/Regional Manager on this, and I'm not expecting any. Apparently I've made it very difficult for them by ordering another one from a different dealer (There was no chance I was going back to my current dealer). JUST GIVE ME THE CASH BACK, IT'S COMING STRAIGHT BACK TO YOU!!!! ;) oh well, worth a try anyway.

Spec is....
Cooper Chili Pack
Black solid, white roof and mirror caps. (I hope I've done the right thing getting black...?)
White bonnet stripes
White 16" 5 spokes
Sunroof
ASC + T
Alarm
Red/Black half leather seats, red interior.
Paint glaze treatment
I think that's it....

I've ended up paying a bit more, but I've got a new better spec car... Let's hope this one is OK :rolleyes: I'll just have to cancel a few other bills :)

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to put... white bonnet stripes. (amended spec in original post.

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for that Dodgeress ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes cmt, Derek woodmans Blackpool certainly seem to have given you better service than Williams/Ian Anthony Bolton.

They obviously value your custom much much more :) :) :)

Dodgeress xx

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which is funny considering that they could have still had all my servicing/warranty work :confused: I've had no qualms with their service dept.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Glad to see you're getting another one Colin..:)

The Black and white combo looks great - I talked a colleague into getting one just after I got mine - and very smart it looks too:):)

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks Dogger, I've seen pics etc. decided it looks too good to worry about things like how it shows up dents/scratches and keeping it clean :) I'm sure you'll see it when we meet up again (someday). I must be mental risking this again......

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have had to have my mini replaced due to faults.And my dealer is also ian anthony/williams bmw my new car has had minor faults but it has been fixed and i am very happy with the service i have recieved ! Give these guys a break its not their fault!

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
(In light of the above post and to be fair I've deleted the extra mentions of my current dealers name from this thread)

Well, I'm glad to hear that you got good service and your car replaced. I'm guessing you got your replacement a while ago? Originally they seemed to want to replace the car, then when a 'possibility' that a fix 'may' be here in March came, they point blank refused. It's not even definate if the fix will be out or even if it will work. (To risk waiting for this 'possible fix' which 'may' arrive in March is to risk at least another 2000 miles worth of depreciation on my car, on top of what I'm already losing currently £1400 and all payments I have made and the deposit of £500). And as for it not being 'their fault', yes it most definately is. How different would my opinion of them have been if at the meeting we had (which I waited 20 days for, had the day off work to attend, lasted 5 minutes and they didn't even drive my car) they admitted they couldn't fix the car, apologised and either ordered another one or put in writing that it would be fixed before a certain date to both our satisfactions or then replaced? They are the only people who can accept the car back, they are my 'contractual partner' BMW UK have stated they would support the action if Ian Anthony/Williams accepted the car back, yet they still refuse to... That is 'their fault'.

My problem with them has been my particular circumstances...
- Ordered car in June. Initially ordered Pepper Pack Cooper, found extra money and specced up to Chili and ASC+T, Chili arrived, ASC+T did not... no apology, options were.. drop out of the deal, take it as it was or wait for a new one (this was in September) I had been asking all along for a printout of the revised order and was not allowed to have one. Things started off bad.
- Had.. condensation in rear lights, squeeky passenger seat, clicky driver seat, other minor problems (can't remember them all off hand, there were a list of 10) and the Pull to left, which they cannot fix. This to me is not the standard I expected from the car.

I have commented previously on how efficient and friendly the service dept. are, so it is not like I have a personal vendetta against the company. It just seems that the sales guys are shirking responsibility for a sub-standard car. If I had received any reassurance this was not the case, things would probably not have got this far. This is the end of my comments on them, I shall leave it here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts