MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MINI2 Regular
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi'ya all.

I've herd a rumour that BMW are to bring out a Clear White lense for the new rear configuration.
Can anyone confirm this.

Depending on a meeting tomorrow with BMW I may be having a new MINI on order before too long.
What colour I have would depend on if I could get these clear rear lights again.

Can anyone help. :D

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,172 Posts
Didn't they have problems the first time around with the law insisting that they came up with additional reflectors to go in the back bumper? For this reason they came up with a Mk I style light with just the indicator in white and the rest in red.

I believe that you can , or will shortly be able to, order your Mk II with white indicators only in the same way. Does this mean that they will never produce an all white unit?

I'd be interested to know when an aftermarket manufacturer comes up with a completely LED tail light assembly. Only a matter of time, I should think. Would that look cool? :cool:

Tigger.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I saw a picture and the factory fitted red/white lights are bascily the same as they are now, just the orange bit for the indicator is now white. It's a £35 or there abouts factory option.

Not heard of an all white version.

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
Damo said:
I saw a picture and the factory fitted red/white lights are bascily the same as they are now, just the orange bit for the indicator is now white. It's a £35 or there abouts factory option.

Not heard of an all white version.
You don't happen to have the picture of them??

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
I had the white lights on my ONE, but when I tried to have them swapped to my 05 Cooper it wasn't possible. My dealer did say that in January there will be a new style white light kit available (Jan builds onwards).

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Scooby Doo, this is Mikey were taking about though. All you need to do is remove the (old) silver fog light bulbs in the white clear lights (saving one of them for the fog light in the new position) and replace them with clear bulbs i.e. white light). Then bug the pre 05 Clear reverse light houseing. Or mikey can re-wire it for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.