MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just fitted my BMW, expensive housing as the Chinese part from eurocarparts lasted two years and was indeed stuck open.
So, in the box was the heart and the cable.
Fitted the thing then realised this has the 2x connections and the cable does not fit anywhere.
Anyone tell me if I have been robbed by neobrothers?
Sent them the question anyway.

top tip, fit that circlip thing before mounting he stat tothe engine or you will struggle... an hour of pissing about and undid the bolts, hey presto

· Registered
13,570 Posts
the two twin connectors should push in to the car loom, where the 4 pin in to the housing i've seen a lot of the cheap housings fail as do the factory two pin ones around the 60k mark mostly as plastic cracks etc

· Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now then, I have used Neobrothers a few time with great service but they are asking silly questions. Let me explain, the housing they sent has regular mini connections x 2. No 4 pin connector, the box also contained the cable which has two male leads/connectors and one 4 pin elongated connector. Now, this is odd, if it was the updated deal it should have a 4 pin on the housing and two female connectors. It was defo confirmed on their site as r57 2009 perfect fit... this was £128 including delivery so I am pissed and confused

· Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
282811653986. Ebay number which also shows the lead with the male connections and the wider one but on my loom there is nowhere to plug that in, I still have two ecu leads so this is messy. I understand you have knowledge of the new version unit which is one four pin on the thermostat and female connections to adapt so my original question would be why are the selling this as compatible if the lead is superfluous at extra expense? I can but this original cheaper from MINI dealers

· Registered
13,570 Posts
looks to me they have sent you wrong one ie not the latest update ie latest update is 4 pin single plug on housing that needs the wiring split cable to marry up with wiring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.