MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had the knocking clutch noise sorted. The dealer replaced the clutch throw-out bearing, but not before I insisted they listen to it for a prolonged period of time. At first, they told me it was nothing, that they all sound like this. That it was my fault since I replaced the shift knob (I have the Whalen knob) and that was the problem because it weighs more than the original equipment.
I have an '02 MCS and know the clutch has a problem that has been reported here. If you have this noise, stand your ground. Make them fix it under warranty.
And thank you, MINI2.com for helping me know I was not alone.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Throw-out bearing update

After the dealer kept my car for three days, they decided it was NOT the throw out bearing. The noise I was hearing as "typical" of the sound a MINI makes after it has been broken in. So I'm back to square one with an annoying noise. There always seem to be an excuse, doesn't there. Of course, the car is "broken in." It's an '02 with 23,000 miles on the clock. I did make sure I have documentation about the noise.
:confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.