MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’ve had a few mini’s but this will be the first one I’ve had the time to play with. That being said I’ve already changed a few things.

So far:

Almost got rid all the chrome.
Smoked LED side repeaters.
Smoked rear LED tail lights.
All of the above from SMPS2012.

Android centre console display with reverse camera fitted into rear license plate bulb recesses.

GP replica wheels

Still to come K&N filter, possibly a remap and an armrest when I can find one for a reasonable price that I’m happy to part with the money for. I did try the cup holder fitted version but it’s more for show then an actual armrest as any weight on it and it would shift about.

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Steering part Speedometer Odometer

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I can’t really fault it. GPS works as it should it’s got built in memory not that I’m using it and wireless CarPlay so connects directly to my iPhone. Google maps Spotify/Amazon music no issues in streaming.

The reverse camera I got with it replaced a rear registration plate light so is tucked away nicely. The only part i am not to keen on is the speaker that supplied for the chimes for indicators/seatbelt warning. Once I work out how to turn this down that will take car of that.

Install wise just be carefully taking the old one / original out if you do go ahead. As the main cluster can come away from the CD unit if you’re too heavy handed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love it! I'm still in two minds about de-chroming to be honest. Where did you get the bits from??
If you’re not sure the Beltline kits cheap enough and easy enough to put on that it’s worth trying out. Everything so far that I’ve used to get rid or cover the chrome has come from: https://www.smps2012.com/

Along with the side repeater’s and rear tail lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts