MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mini Cooper Park Lane
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am an old curmudgeon on a lot of car forums over the years.... but this is the first Mini.

Recently picked up this Mini Cooper Park Lane (although someone seems to have tried to do a JCW/Works job on it)... anyway picked this up last Thursday as my BMW is now dead and my Audi was off road in workshop and I needed a car. Daughter starts driving in December so this can be a little pootle around for a few months and then swtiches over to be her car....

Have done 600 miles in it and it takes me back to my happy days of grinning madly blatting about back roads in a Ford Puma. It has the ABS/TPS lights just come on (typically) but the systems seem fine so am imagining it is a sensor, loose wire or some such.

front (2).jpg Nearside.jpg Rear (2).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Great looking car including my favourite Mini wheels, R105's. That'll make a great first car for your daughter.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper Park Lane
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great looking car including my favourite Mini wheels, R105's. That'll make a great first car for your daughter.
(y)

It is a nice looking car.... drives well.
Poking around under the bonnet (hood for some) & on the web discovered the sound is care of JCW Soundkit - exhaust, intake and all importantly, badges. Seems a little bit gimmicky, but does sounds nice.

As a new driver when she starts a Cooper is just about the limit insurance wise.... but I think I will get a Clubman Cooper S as a replacement for when she takes this on.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Never underestimate insurance companies excuses for raising your premium. You may need to shop around more than a standard Cooper.
Yes granted.... but this isnt an actual JCW vehicle. Its a little box that makes a slightly rorty sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts