MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Track addict
Joined
·
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of a set of these - Team Dynamics Race PRo 1's, fitted with Toyo R888 semi slicks... just for use on trackdays.

Tyres are 205/40/17zr, combined weight of each wheel and tyre is 34lb - saving 11lb a corner on my normal 18 Acer Alpinestars.

These wheels are for track day use only, so I don't destroy my road tyre and alloys.

Oh, and the photo was taken before the suspension settled back down after being up on the jack - makes the wheel look extra small in the wheel well.

Should also be a lot 'stickier' than my Pirrelli Pzeros too....

Anyone know what pressure I should run these on at the track?
 

Attachments

·
The de Chromed MINI
Joined
·
3,218 Posts
Tony, they look the business, any wider angle pics? of the whole car with the wheels on, cheers



Rob
 

·
Track addict
Joined
·
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pobsey said:
Tony, they look the business, any wider angle pics? of the whole car with the wheels on, cheers



Rob

only this one mate - it was getting dark, and the other photos turned out much worse. Car was minging too.... Only fitted the one wheel (it was late this evening, and not using them on the road...), so no pictures of the whole car. if the weathers fine on Saturday, going to fit the whole set and give them a good bedding in - has to be dry and fine as theres not much in the way of a tread patern on these things....
 

Attachments

·
The de Chromed MINI
Joined
·
3,218 Posts
looks good, I'm toying with the idea of black wheels on my DS, but just got some JCW seats so its a fair way off at the moment
 

·
Track addict
Joined
·
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pobsey said:
looks good, I'm toying with the idea of black wheels on my DS, but just got some JCW seats so its a fair way off at the moment

mmm, need racing seats too soon - essential for on the track. Just need to lose about a stone and a half to fit in them tidily.... :(

Do you take your on track at all?

Next is a suspension drop for mine.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,466 Posts
Look very nice mate........ :p

I was after Pro Race 1's when I changed from my S Spokes, but my tyre dealer couldn't get them for 4 weeks minimum at the time and I needed them sooner due to my tyres being bald :rolleyes:

Settled for Oz SuperT's in the end, but I am still a huge fan of Pro Race 1's, think they look great :D :D :D
 

·
Track addict
Joined
·
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wibbly said:
Look very nice mate........ :p

I was after Pro Race 1's when I changed from my S Spokes, but my tyre dealer couldn't get them for 4 weeks minimum at the time and I needed them sooner due to my tyres being bald :rolleyes:

Settled for Oz SuperT's in the end, but I am still a huge fan of Pro Race 1's, think they look great :D :D :D
Choose them over the OZ's because of price really - wheels were just over £400. How much did you pay for the OZ's Wibbly?

Similar design, aren't they? Any idea how much the OZ's weight (with tyre..)
 

·
Track addict
Joined
·
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pobsey said:
I'm really pleased with the JCW seats, comfy, but supportive and everyday usable


Depends how big your @rse is mate - they pinched a bit for me!!!!!! :eek: :D
 

·
The de Chromed MINI
Joined
·
3,218 Posts
You see I'm only about 11st wet through,
I have sat in a number of different JCW seats and some seem tighter than others?? Sat in a demo pair car had done 600miles and they were too tight on the hips, then sat in some that hadn't been fitted in a car at all and they were good.
 

·
Track addict
Joined
·
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pobsey said:
You see I'm only about 11st wet through,
I have sat in a number of different JCW seats and some seem tighter than others?? Sat in a demo pair car had done 600miles and they were too tight on the hips, then sat in some that hadn't been fitted in a car at all and they were good.


interesting - are the hip bolsters adjustable in any way? Anyone know?

I'm 15stone (in the dry, holding my stomach in!!!!), which isn't THAT big - i was surprised at how uncomfortable it was though....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
Nice Tony! I'd love a set of track wheels but a) got no where to put them, and b) need ot replace the brakes and tyres after goodwood twice after the summer and c) sving up for the next 10 bhp...
 

·
Track addict
Joined
·
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HObzy said:
Nice Tony! I'd love a set of track wheels but a) got no where to put them, and b) need ot replace the brakes and tyres after goodwood twice after the summer and c) sving up for the next 10 bhp...

i know what you mean.... got a right cold look off the missus when i turned up tonight with new wheels, two weeks after having JCW airbox upgrade.

Also had new pads and disks fitted for my Brembos on September 15th, then did Goodwood and three weeks later Snetterton... then needed new pads!!!!

Still, only the lowered suspension to go.

Then the new carbon fibre front spltter/

Then the stryt brace, then the track seats.

Then the 250bhp West Thruxton conversion.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Did I miss anything?

Where will it end?? Thanks god for TLC. OMG, done 47000 miles TLC is nearly up!!!! AAAArrrrghhhhh
 

·
Track addict
Joined
·
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Max said:
Very nice Tony ;)

...all you need now is a few more bhp (say 15 or so :eek: ;) ) and you'll be in business ;) :D

:) :red:

Any time you want a track day duel matey, I'll be there. You'll be mostly some way behind me... ;) :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,466 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
Choose them over the OZ's because of price really - wheels were just over £400. How much did you pay for the OZ's Wibbly?

Similar design, aren't they? Any idea how much the OZ's weight (with tyre..)
I paid £860 for my SuperT's, not sure on the weight, heavier than SuperL's, but a lot lighter than S Spokes......:rolleyes: Are you mistaking them with Superlegs. They are more similar in appearance and weight to the Pro Race 1's, but dont fit in 17". I have enough problem with these, they are a 45 offset but still rub occasionally due to how low my car sits on eibachs. I think Coilovers is the way forward in time :p

Pro Race are darned easier to clean as well looking at the design, which will be taken into account next time I change :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Looks great,

I'd be intersted to see what it looks like with colour coded arches, also I still cant believe there 17's in the first pic they look tiny!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top