MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the new TVS supercharger being fitted to the R53. It is capable of producing turbo like boost effectively. This is what we have all been waiting for. A supercharger capable of running over 300whp and having instant throttle response unlike the turbo cars.

Stay tuned as we fit this to one of our cars and test it.

Attachments

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
stay tuned.... how droll

on the down side is this new engine internals time, ie pistons etc [assuming 1.6]

or can you envisage it as a simple one stop option on a basic car, ie forget all the other mods and just do this instead { or + head for extra flow]

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stay tuned.... how droll

on the down side is this new engine internals time, ie pistons etc [assuming 1.6]

or can you envisage it as a simple one stop option on a basic car, ie forget all the other mods and just do this instead { or + head for extra flow]
yes we are going to make a direct bolt on replacement for the M45 so you can run it with stock parts. Obviously if you want big power you will need to go to our piston set, head/cam/header combo

·
Registered
201 Posts
pistons

Hi,

I like your 2 stroker. but as discused previously not suitable for an Auto. So I am looking into the possibility of a 1.8, increasing the bore,stroke and compresion ratio. your advise would be of help.
Thanks
Chris.
P.S. Could I possible use your 2L stroker pistons

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I like your 2 stroker. but as discused previously not suitable for an Auto. So I am looking into the possibility of a 1.8, increasing the bore,stroke and compresion ratio. your advise would be of help.
Thanks
Chris.
P.S. Could I possible use your 2L stroker pistons
I did some research and the automatic should be able to handle the 2.0L ;)

contact me for details

·
Registered
812 Posts
Here is the new TVS supercharger being fitted to the R53. It is capable of producing turbo like boost effectively. This is what we have all been waiting for. A supercharger capable of running over 300whp and having instant throttle response unlike the turbo cars.

Stay tuned as we fit this to one of our cars and test it.
Not more great tuning goodies jan!..:biggrin:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Jan its just my guess but will the tvs900 directly replace the e45 and the rotrax is a higher state of tune charger.:smile:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts