MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a new pair of Continental contact extreme tyres fitted on front of my cooper...after travelling about 4 miles tyre inflation lamp started to flash!I understand that the car takes rolling radius measurements from data from the abs?..does this mean that havin new tyres on the front and partially worn on the rear can fetch up this light??..or do ya think my prob may lie somewhere else?

TIA
Gary

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
According to my 2002 Owners Manual:
  1. Put ignition key in position 2
  2. Press the button [below the emgerency brake in my car] long enough for the yellow indicator lamp in the instrument cluster to light up for a few seconds
  3. Start the engine.

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
after youv'e done the mentioned steps you have to drive a couple of miles to let the system 'learn' your new tyre pressures if my memory serves me correct

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've had six and i have never had to reset the system.

i hate run flats. Hey Cooper2man whats the size of Continental contact extreme tyres i need to buy two new front tyres and i'm 80% sure that that i will be going with NON RF!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mini-G said:

i hate run flats. Hey Cooper2man whats the size of Continental contact extreme tyres i need to buy two new front tyres and i'm 80% sure that that i will be going with NON RF!

195 55 R 16 87H...seem a good tyre at a good price...paid £140 for the tyres fitted all in..i seem to be doin tyres in very quick...puttin the best on seems daft..tryin the cheaper ones..see how i go!!!!
Cheers for all your replies..have reset the TPI..all seems good at the moment...

Cheers
Gary

Bloody hell...i got a skyline and an E34 alpina B10 and its never been as complex as this to put tyres on!!!!!...ha ha....... ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mini-G said:

195 55 R 16 87H...seem a good tyre at a good price...paid £140 for the tyres fitted all in..i seem to be doin tyres in very quick...puttin the best on seems daft..tryin the cheaper ones..see how i go!!!!
Cheers for all your replies..have reset the TPI..all seems good at the moment...

Cheers
Gary

Bloody hell...i got a skyline and an E34 alpina B10 and its never been as complex as this to put tyres on!!!!!...ha ha....... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
COOPER2MAN
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing