MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen some posts here I bought some Ultralite Specs from the Japshop. Ordered 3pm yesterday arrived this morning , I ordered them for a Civic 92-96 :p

Me off to the Pub now but had to post these pics first ... excited and its not my car but my wifes :biggrin:

Ill post some more soon.... Beer time

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice :) Are those the 17s or 18s?
I went for 17" because of 'rolling mass'

Japshop tell me that although 18" tyres @ '35' profile are the same or nearly identical diameter as the 40 profile in 17" the rolling mass on acceleration , steering & stopping would be better in 17" than 18"

This makes sense to me ;)

Theysay unsprung weight is often miss used to sell wheels. ''FYI the Spec 18" with tyres is heavier than the 17" anyway''.

I came clean about them not ordered for a Civic but MCS and they said 'Oh ... Let us check.... Long Pause .... ' Ok yep no problem .... only we don't do wheel wheel 'bolts' only 'nuts' Deal was done...... later...thank you local car accessory shop for the bolts ! :D

My car handles like its on rails now.... BTW I'm running Yokohama A539 tyres . I ordered Toyo T1R's ' T1R* 205-40-17' online but the telephone rang later telling me they were out of stock.... They sell TOYO's because of the latest Janese 'FAD' about brand tyres! ... Am so glad as they offered me Yokohama A539's for £2.00 per tyre less. Putting a quick 20 miles in has impressed me about these tyres.

Try telling my wife all this :hmph:

When I can pinch the keys again I'll take some more pics :biggrin:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep I do get very tempted by the 18s but the 17s do make more sense when it comes to general performance :)

I checked the Japshop.co.uk website last night :) Didn't quite know what you meant by ordering them for a Civic until I check the website out ;)

Did you have to specify that you wanted the 100x4 bolt pattern?

What bolts did you end up getting? I take it that you can't simply re-use the ones that with the old wheels? I'm quite the newbie when it comes to modding ;)

Is your car lowered at all? I'm guessing not from the pic, but I had a quick play with editing it last night and it looks even better when the body is lowered down slightly ;) Time to start hinting at the other half.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep I do get very tempted by the 18s but the 17s do make more sense when it comes to general performance :)

I checked the Japshop.co.uk website last night :) Didn't quite know what you meant by ordering them for a Civic until I check the website out ;)

Did you have to specify that you wanted the 100x4 bolt pattern?

What bolts did you end up getting? I take it that you can't simply re-use the ones that with the old wheels? I'm quite the newbie when it comes to modding ;)

Is your car lowered at all? I'm guessing not from the pic, but I had a quick play with editing it last night and it looks even better when the body is lowered down slightly ;) Time to start hinting at the other half.
I rang them , they told me Civics are 4 x 100 PCD and Offset comparable.

They don't do Mini wheel bolts but my local car accessory mega store does ;)

The wheels need 20mm diameter internal drive bolts/nuts

Oh and 56.1mm Spigot rings (Came free with the wheels)

My (wifes) cars not lowered .... YET! :biggrin:
Cheers..

·
Registered
41 Posts
They don't do Mini wheel bolts but my local car accessory mega store does ;)

The wheels need 20mm diameter internal drive bolts/nuts

Oh and 56.1mm Spigot rings (Came free with the wheels)
Nice one :), think the only car stuff shop near me is a Halfords, so hoping they'll have some bolts in stock. Is "internal drive bolts/nuts" their official name? Trying to avoid any embaressment if I have to ask them at the counter ;) And did you have to go for a specific length?

I had to Google "Spigot rings" to find out that they're for :p Did you end up using these?

Cheers! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts