MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Miss Independent
791 Posts
Really nice Mini youve got there.

How easy was the dash to fit? Ive been thinking about one myself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really nice Mini youve got there.

How easy was the dash to fit? Ive been thinking about one myself.
The dash is a 3 piece kit from BMW mini, and was easier to fit than I thought it would be.

The left piece above the glove box pulls off easily with no screw drivers.
The centre piece requires a torx screwdriver to undo the two srews holding the speedo surround in place. You have to do this because the dash piece has two holding lugs and if you pull it straight off, these will break. (this takes about 2 minutes).
The piece around the steering wheel requires two torx screwws to be loosened from the rev counter holding clamp, then release the steering adjuster clamp and pull down the steering wheel, you can then unplug the dash piece by pulling straight forward, it has a rubber holding piece that you need to get your hand into to unclip, do the reverse to fit the new piece (2 minutes or so to fit). ;)

I have to say that I got it from Ebay really cheap and ex stock and I think the guy has 2 more sets to go, came boxed as it would from BMW. see link
John+Cooper+Works+Dashboard+Carbon+Fibre+Kit+-+3+Piece

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Love the rims mate.

We nearly bought a BRG MINI when we first got ours, dont see many around.

What width and offset are they and do they fit without rubbing?
Wheels are 7.5 inch and I beleive the offset is ET40, dont quote me on that but I seem to remember the guy at POTN telling me these would be ET40.

They dont rub at all, originally though I wanted 45mm rubber and was told that this would rub and bump on the arch so I went down to 35mm, works a treat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts