MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turning into Canal Street from the West Side Highway, motorist will not miss the big black billboard which states:

--------------------------
XL L M S XS MINI

miniusa.com
--------------------------

There is nothing spectacular about the advertisement, but at least those of us on this side of the atlantic can look forward to receiving our cars soon enough :) I had a tough time explaining this advertisement to my friend as he has no idea what the MINI or Mini Coopers are :eek: :( :mad:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
KarmanS said:
....I had a tough time explaining this advertisement to my friend as he has no idea what the MINI or Mini Coopers are :eek: :( :mad:
He's not MINI-mad and yet you still consider him your friend???

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :) :p :D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: New Yorkers: MINI Billboard on Canal Street

BruceK said:

He's not MINI-mad and yet you still consider him your friend???

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :) :p :D
well, he was the driver that day and I was the passenger. So I preferred to be 'motoring' rather than walking :D :rolleyes:

oh wait, we don't actually 'motor' when we are in non-MINIs do we?! ;) :confused:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I saw the same billboard on the West Side Hwy further up, near the GW Bridge. I thought it was a clever ad -- it makes the point about the most obvious feature of the MINI, and it directs you to a website if you are curious. I saw it on Saturday, I wonder how long it's been up?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
What an experience Canal St was when I visited your fab city back In January :cool: :cool:
I mean it was full of fake designer good, dodgy shops selling anything & everything :D :D :D :D
Surely this isnt the best place for a MINI Bill Board :confused: :D :D :D :D :D
(only joking ;) )

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smiffy said:
What an experience Canal St was when I visited your fab city back In January :cool: :cool:
I mean it was full of fake designer good, dodgy shops selling anything & everything :D :D :D :D
Surely this isnt the best place for a MINI Bill Board :confused: :D :D :D :D :D
(only joking ;) )
it will attract all those people looking for a great bargain since it's truly the best bang for the buck vehicle you can get ;) :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
KarmanS said:

it will attract all those people looking for a great bargain since it's truly the best bang for the buck vehicle you can get ;) :D
It will make a change from all those X5's :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another interesting one in NYC!

Spotted this interesting giant billboard of a beautiful Chili Red Cooper S w/white stripes near Time Sq. today on Broadway bewtween 51st and 50th streets. The objective of this ad is to show every single feature the MINI Cooper S has available. Note how the description even runs over to the other billboards next to it! :)

there are starting to be a a myriad of MINI ads at bus stations as well!

/k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts