MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

Ordered my first Cooper S yesterday and I am very excited. I currently drive a Puma, and have test driven all sorts of cars and keep coming back to the MINI.

We have gone for... Dark Silver, black roof, darkened windows, CD boost, A/C, heated mirrors/washer jets, 16" FIN alloys, 3 spoke wheel, anthracite dash...

This is going to be a very long 5 months :( but I have no doubt it'll be worth the wait :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its deffo worth the wait :D ,although the dealers are never in a rush with these cars.

It was 5 months exact for ours which we picked up on friday and when you see it for the first time you realise the wait wasnt that bad.

Good luck!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
5 months gives you all the time you need to reassure yourself on your options. Then change your mind, add something, take something off, change the colour of something, add something else, change something round...... Find a load of aftermarket goodies you want, get worried about if the car will be late as you approad the final two weeks of waiting.. get excited.. get a MINI!!

:)

Sounds extreme, but you see it happen here all the time.

Welcome to MINI2!

:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ok, I am confused. I ordered my MCS 2 weeks ago and was told I would have it the last week in November. Thats only 8 weeks. How is it that you are closer to the plant and it takes longer. Not tryng to brag I just dont understand. :confused: Did I misunderstand my MA?

·
Registered
171 Posts
From what the dealer told me (mind you, I am in the States), each dealer gets the same allotment of cars, no matter the size of the dealership. So a dealer that sells 10 cars per month will have a quicker order to delivery time than a dealer that sells 40 cars per month. The dealer selling 40, but only getting 20, will have a longer wait time.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Hammer said:
From what the dealer told me (mind you, I am in the States), each dealer gets the same allotment of cars, no matter the size of the dealership. So a dealer that sells 10 cars per month will have a quicker order to delivery time than a dealer that sells 40 cars per month. The dealer selling 40, but only getting 20, will have a longer wait time.
Seems an odd way to distribute your cars, I know in the UK that it depends on the size of the dealer, and past success as to how many cars they are allocated, to try and balance waiting times (to a degree) and match supply and demand better.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Paul Mullett said:
Seems an odd way to distribute your cars, I know in the UK that it depends on the size of the dealer, and past success as to how many cars they are allocated, to try and balance waiting times (to a degree) and match supply and demand better.
That would make sense, wouldn't it? But in a way, it kinda explains why the wait time is so varied from one dealer to another.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Paul, hammer.
Thanks I follow now.. I guess I got lucky with my dealership. wow.. two months does'nt seem so bad now... :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
the waiting time seems to varie between dealership as i've been quoted anything from 2-4 months up here in yorkshire! off for test drive tomorrow and will put deposit down on a new cooper s in dark silver hopefully for delivery in jan 05....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can't wait for cars to arrive any more.

I waited 9 months for a Z3 and 5 months for an M3, so now I buy used with the nearest preferred spec so I can sleep well at night!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody...

Have to laugh, 3 days on and I am already changing my options, colour of the car, etc etc. Having done more sums I decided that girlie logic rules and I could have my chili pack for not much more money and then at least I get the Xenons :D My boyfriend can't believe that we can spend £17k on a MINI and has been trying to curb my enthusiasm... but he loves the sound of that supercharger as much as I do :p

As for lead times, I live in Hampshire, and some days it feels like the place is crawling with MINI's. Me thinks they're pretty popular round here :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts