MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from a newb, on the south coast UK. I hi hope this message finds you all well and good 🙏
I have just purchased a 2006 Mini Cooper non S, it has a few issues, ie P0014 fault and slight oil leak ect. Looking around on various websites for info, and I am confused as to how to identify what ‘R’ version I have. How will I find this out please?
Thanks in advance. Kind regards. Stu.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S 2011 (R56 N18). Mini One 2012 (R56 N16).
341 Posts
Welcome Stu.

Here you go......

and this is for finding part numbers....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Stu.

Here you go......

and this is for finding part numbers....

Thank you for the warm welcome, and thank you for the information you have provided, it’s kindly appreciated. I will look and research with the information you have given.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other question, where can I find the part that mimics the steering lock? Mine has the lock sign on the display. I am tempted to try and take a look at it, clean, grease it ect, but really don’t wanna start drilling out bolts.

thanks again. Stu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what you mean.
So when I put the fob into its position so I can start the car, it unlocks the steering wheel. There is a square display on the rpm dial that shows a red steering wheel with a lock. When searching this on the web, it’s telling me the steering lock is on, but it’s not. I read that this is common for bmw/mini of this year, as the motor inside the lock becomes slow with age, and that there is an after market component that can be plugged in to replicate the steering lock. I have tried disconnecting the battery for at least 6 hours, and even put the battery on charge over night to see if this would resolve it. But to be honest, it’s the least of my worries. I want to fix the P0014 issue first, I have swapped around the cam sensors, and it comes back, and also the vanos jobbies, so I believe these are working correctly. I suppose I have to think about replacing the chain next. It’s a great little car, but a royal pain to work on.

Anyway, thanks for answering me. Any tips and tricks are kindly welcome. Cheers, Stu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts