MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone from superbikes to my first new car. I know a bit about mechanics but the JCW Cooper S I'm buying is spitting water from the exhausts. Is this common? it's the only 'fault' I could find.

Also while I'm here a big HELLO to all and I'd appreciate any tips on keeping the machine in good order. I mean apart from the obvious. Like what is the optimum motorway speed for fuel consumption and anything unusual I should look out for?

I've had an M3 so I'm not a novice but I learned from having that that a highly tuned car is much more delicate and attention seeking than others ;)

Thanks

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Most cars spit a bit of liquid when cold;)

And the JCW isn't that delicate, she'll take a good hammering:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the JCW isn't that delicate, she'll take a good hammering:D
:p that's all the advice I need!

funnily enough, I've never been behind a car I've owned when it's started up... thus the ignorance ;)

(plus a slice of old fashioned buyer's paranoia)

Optimum motorway speed for fuel consumption? I've been abroad for 7 years and nearly choked on my gum when I filled a tank the other day!

(thank you Rakey)

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
Welcome to MINI2.com! :D

Firstly...

I've gone from superbikes to my first new car.
Welcome back from the dark side. ;) :p

And secondly...

I've been abroad for 7 years and nearly choked on my gum when I filled a tank the other day!
I've been driving in the UK for the past 7 years... for about the past 2 or so, there has been plenty of choking on gum on a regular basis... :frown:​

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Mine will cruise at well over the speed limit for this country (obviously I don't do this anywhere but on the delimited bits of the autobahns) and still return 150 miles on a half tank. TBH at 70 it does not return much better. Mine only really changes when throttle on throttle off...if its nice and steady throttle the speed seems to effect consumption little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very kind thanks for the words I am fully relieved of buyer paranoia and can't talk myself out of this one ;)

Might switch from the runflats it's pretty rustic where I drive. Lot's of loverly corners and no cameras. Very dodgy surfaces.

I feel like a kid at Christmas. Picking it up Thursday. Had trouble sleeping last night. I was probably making kid's 'vroom-vroom' noises instead of snoring.

Many thanks!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Very kind thanks for the words I am fully relieved of buyer paranoia and can't talk myself out of this one ;)

Might switch from the runflats it's pretty rustic where I drive. Lot's of loverly corners and no cameras. Very dodgy surfaces.

I feel like a kid at Christmas. Picking it up Thursday. Had trouble sleeping last night. I was probably making kid's 'vroom-vroom' noises instead of snoring.

Many thanks!
If you want better ride comfort then its a wise choice to switch, they'll also improve grip too;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts