MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
my daily drive is currently a Seat Leon Cupra TDi and i'm thinking of buying a mini cooper s... how many mpg do you average on long journeys? my drive to work is 40 mins over country lanes so i'm usually doing about 60
Cheers

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ohh, how I wish I had 40mins of country lanes every morning, there's nothing an 'S' enjoys more.
You will be horrified by the fuel consumption if you are used to getting 60, more like 40. That's assuming it is a post Dec 06ish (referred to as the R56 here) and you seriously curb your enthusiasm, which may be almost impossible.
If you can overcome the (highly) increased costs though and buy an 'S', you'll never walk into work without a manic grin on your face.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
There's some speculation that a more powerful diesel-driven MINI will join the range, perhaps powered by the BMW diesel in the 1 Series. But probably not until 2010, unfortunately. :eek:

Maybe worth the wait? ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
My daily run is usually about 20-30 mins on mainly A-roads and I achieve between 35-38 mpg. There's nothing quite like driving a MINI, quick, fun round corners but yet civilisied and easy to drive when you need it to be. Take a test drive and see what you think.

MINI Cooper S R56 (Nov 06 onwards) 45mpg combined on the official cycle, I've only once come close to this with Excellium and a shot of Millers Oils Fuel Treatment! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
38 mpg is good!
i meant that i average 60 mph during the drive...
the trip computer on my leon usually averages 40mpg, so there isnt really much of a difference actually! especially with petrol being so much cheaper than derv now! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts