MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cooper D that will be going from 17" to 15" alloys. This may sound daft but I've never changed a full set of wheels myself. I'm going to fit a new set for winter but want to make sure I get it right.

I've seen a 12V-powered impact wrench in Argos and wondered if it would be any good? See here: Buy Clarke 12V Impact Wrench Kit. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

It doesn't have a torque limiter so should I buy a torque wrench as well or just a better 12V solution? Either way, does anyone know the recommended torque setting for the R56 MINI Cooper D? Also, is there an order in which to replace the wheel nuts as someone told me there is... i.e 2, 4, 1, 3.

I have a Cooper D that will be going from 17" to 15" alloys.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought you'd only just gone onto new non runflat goodyears on those rims??

Any problems with them as I'm about to go to non-runflats next week?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problems :D

I seem to have an addiction to buying wheels. Always have done lol. These will be for winter though as I don't want to ruin the 17's.

KPKalle... thanks for the link. Looks like just the info I needed.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aah -I see.

Don't understand the logic but then each to their own!
Well I use the car a lot so don't want to wear the 17" tread out too quick and if I go sliding into a kerb in the icey winter, I'd rather ruin some cheapo 15" alloys :)

·
Gone Outside To Play
72 Posts
It's 140Nm +/- 10Nm for R55/R56 with M14 thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I use the car a lot so don't want to wear the 17" tread out too quick and if I go sliding into a kerb in the icey winter, I'd rather ruin some cheapo 15" alloys :)
And thinner tyres dig thru the snow to the ground better that fatter ones .... if you get scandinavian weather ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts