MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We are newbies to the site, I'm into classic VW's and have a 1958 Beetle, we also have a new Fiat 500, and have just bought this baby a 53 plate Mini Cooper S :D

I would post up pics but I cant until I have posted 5 posts :(

Test drove it and I LOVE it!!!

Much better to drive than the Cooper I had as a company car last year, and has heated seats, the full panoramic sunroof and climate control, only done 29K, one owner from new, bought it from Dick Lovett Mini in Bristol.

Now then - choice mods - what can I do to it, I'd love to get it putting out a bit more power, without sacrificing reliability.

Also being a Cooper S are there any do's or dont's of driving it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Also - wheres the tyre kit on a Cooper S as the batts in the boot where it would be on a normal Mini?

And what sort of MPG do most people get from them?

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Welcome to the club! NIce looking MINI there!

About the spare tyre. MINI's dont have spares to say. You could spec a £40 space saver tyre on Ones and Coopers. But BMW designed the Cooper S's to run on Runflats which mean you can limp to a tyre place to replace them - hence no need for a spare. In Ones and Coopers with 15" wheels (non runflats) they came with a puncture repair kit and pump to get you to the next tyre place. Some people ditch the runflats as they are a bit skittish so its advisable they get the puncture canister and the pump just in case.

Congrats on your purchase. My MCS is an auto and around town I get approx 28mpg but on a run out with motorways I get 31-34mpg depends on your driving style. You should have a on board computer which you can reset to give you some idea.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers!

Duh! I forgot about the runflats on it :lol: Its OK to change them to non-runflats then?

Looking forward to getting it - we collect it next wednesday :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The colour and the sunroof is what swayed it for us! There was a couple of red ones in another dealer a bit newer (same mileage tho) but we loved the colour of this one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts