MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Myself and the missus finally decided to action our plans to buy a new mini last week and take delivery next sat of a stock car that had the exact spec that we wanted which was ideal as cut our waiting time from 4-6 weeks to only 2!

The spec is as follows:

Pepper White
Flame Spoke Alloys
Roof and mirrors in black
Cloth/Lea Ray Cream White
Colour Line Cream White
Interior trim Piano Black
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Roof lining
Multifunction Steering Wheel
heated washer jets and mirrors
Black bonnet stripes
Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Darkened rear glass
Basic Bluetooth

Our current car is a TT but having owned 2 R53 Cooper S' in the past i am so excited about owning another Mini:D

I have noticed that alot of you have decromed the trim around the front grille which looks the business i think. My question is how do i go about doing the same? Is it a JCW part?

Any help on this would be great and I'm really looking forward to using this forum on a regular basis!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've just ordered the grill from Derck Woodman on this forum. It arrives today or tomorrow. I will post the Part numbers for you.

Kris

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
I have noticed that alot of you have decromed the trim around the front grille which looks the business i think. My question is how do i go about doing the same? Is it a JCW part?

Any help on this would be great and I'm really looking forward to using this forum on a regular basis!
Hey. Congrats on the MINI....PW/B is the best colou combo :p i may be abit bias tho lol.

~Yea its a JCW part i think it is about £35/40 in total for just the trims....you should have a look at the JCW Aero Bodykit instead of just the grill surrounds...its well worth the extra cash!

·
Mini R56 S LiB/B
80 Posts
Hey. Congrats on the MINI....PW/B is the best colou combo :p i may be abit bias tho lol.

~Yea its a JCW part i think it is about £35/40 in total for just the trims....you should have a look at the JCW Aero Bodykit instead of just the grill surrounds...its well worth the extra cash!
Yeah I'm also interested in the black surround trim it'll look great imho, I'd be interested in the part numbers also :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just ordered the grill from Derck Woodman on this forum. It arrives today or tomorrow. I will post the Part numbers for you.

Kris
That would be great, thank you! Be interested to hear how easy it was to fit too!

I think your bias is well founded!

Believe me, I would love the whole JCW aero bodykit but the £1200 or so that it cost is an expense I just cant quite justify at the moment!! Maybe next year!! £35/40 is a cheap mod in the meantime!

Thanks for your replies guys ;)

·
SimonSJR
263 Posts
Hi guys, i posted a similar question in the exterior section....

I've ordered some black jcw surrounds for my R56 S. Question is... Will they fit with my cooper s grill?

I've got a new 58 plate S.

Thank you ;)

·
Mini Mid-Life Crisis!
39 Posts
JCW Black grille trim

I've got the same black surrounds ready to fit to my R56 S when the weather improves.
When I ordered them from Chris at Woodmans he said the bottom trim was a tight fit and to put some masking tape on the bumper in case it got scratched during fitting. I'm also using the original S grille.

Roll on some dry weather!

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts