MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
So the Cooper gets the turbo 115hp and the S gets the direct-inject 143hp or is this flip-flopped!? All I remember is, is that the hp numbers were to go down or stay relatively the same, but efficiency and performance were to be increased.

·
I'm probably out motoring
397 Posts
Good news on the fuel economy. Although that is something quite easy to improve on considering the current engines fuel consumption.

Any news on (automatic) transmissions that will go with these engines?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well......in the new Auto Motor&Sport mag fromn Germany they have a pic of the new 2006 MINI (Spy pic). The headlights are no longer integrated with the hood and the grill is much larger. The wheel arches are supposed to be bigger (not wider) too to make room for 18" and more suspension travel.

After seeing the pic I was extremely happy to have an 04.
it is the first time that I am happy to have the older version actually.
In my eyes....05 is the best year (LSD) even though I do not like the tailights too much and I am not so sure about the headlights either.

So....I am happy with 04 and Supercharged motor.

Alex

·
Registered
129 Posts
Why?

LMB said:
No 200bhp model?
Paul Mullett said:
The S as far as I know will be the top of the range 170. The Works I imagine will again be around 200 hp. The figures for those are not due to change much.
I was also hugely disappointed that we'll be still "stuck" with 1.6lt and 170bhp. Again Works will play the market with 200bhp, or more, model.
I hoped the new S to be stronger. Mayby the new motors are cleaner and econimical. But S model was about fun. If the Cooper jumps from 115bhp to 143 that something, why not for the S also.

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
I meant to post this on Wednesday but forgot. Did anyone see Watchdog where they were talking about the Peugeot 206 engone just cutting out on people as they are driving??? Just thought it was very concerning anyway but given that Peugeot are going to working on the new Mini engine (and I realise they won't be putting the 206 engine in the Mini) let's hope they get this issue sorted!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mini/BMW is going to need to come out with some really cool to get alot of happy MC and MCS owners to part with their cars. The best way to get a 163-170 HP MCS owner excited about the next-gen Mini is offer something from the factory that is substantially faster. Because of this I am willing to bet the the Mini lineup will be expanded to add a faster JCW straight from the factory with 220HP and AWD.

Lineup would be as follows:

One
Cooper
Cooper S
Cooper JCW (with AWD and more HP)

All four versions will be available in 3-door, 5-door, and convertible.

**A 5-door JCW with AWD might be fast enough and big enough to meet specs and compete in WRC.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The way it's shaping up looks like most like a One (1.4), One Diesel (1.4), Cooper (1.6), Cooper Diesel (1.6), Cooper S (1.6), Cooper S Works (1.6). However, the engine does work well as a 1.8 litre unit, but as far as I can gather it looks like they're happy with what they can squeeze from the 1.6 Turbo, so they wont need a 1.8, but we can live in hope, as for the aftermarket it's probably better they released a more mildly tuned 1.8 than a more highly tuned 1.6 giving about the same power.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.