MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
NEMINI.org
7,865 Posts
For those of you wondering what happened to newyorkmini.org here it is:

Due to the action of three people, Renato, Dminiero and Mark Ferguson (yes the same one who owns northamericanmotoring), I have decided to permanently close the original site. These three people have been plotting behind my back to steal the site. In a few days I am sure you will see what they have been working on. Those three may reopen the site but it will be without the content and hardwork I have put into it for the last 6 month. I did not come to this decision easily, I did not even want to do this but they have forced my hand by working behind my back instead of talking to me like a real men. If you visit NAM or the new NYM when it opens please keep in mind who worked the last 6 months to make it what it was, who worked to bring new features, who asked for nothing but some opinions on features and a little patience while I learned on the original site. I won't tell you to not visit or to visit their creation, thats a choice you have to make for yourselves, I'm a big enough man to not try and force anyone to do anything.
For my real friends, thank you for helping me, thank you for being there, thank you for your friendship and support and I just hope you can understand why I've had to do what I have done.

Peace,

GMINI03/Gene.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A Man of Principles

Gene,
Sorry to see the site go... it was my homepage for the past year, and kept an enthusiastic local community active, growing, and fun. Thanks for all your work and dedication.

Sincerely,
Howard (aka liminiac, aka miniac1)

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Perhaps some of the OE NewYorkMINI's features can be worked into the NYNE forum somehow... Gene - please consult with Paul.

Welcome to MINI2, everyone!

·
Registered
366 Posts
OMG! That sucks! How on earth can they steal a site? I don't know anything about this stuff. It seemed though, as if you did most of the work on NYMINI.org. Ugggghhhhh, I am so disappointed, it was my favorite for connecting with our local MINI pals. :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

·
NEMINI.org
7,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to see if a resolution could be reached, but then I discovered the site they had been working on behind my back, it is unfortunate it has come to this point. I was proud of what we had all accomplished, its a real shame three people could destroy it so easily. One of the three doesn't own a MINI anymore and another is a webmaster himself, wonder how he'd feel if someone stole his site after all the work hes put into it.

Again thank you my friends for your support.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Remember how MINIUSA made ferguson (nam master) get rid of the "MINI Cooper" in his url? That must have made him into an evil webmaster of lame assed NameYourMcRegionalMotoring.com. I swear there are the nicest things in the world, but when one person owns rights to a name, and another builds a fortress over it, down it shall fall. And that just ain't one of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This really is a shame... NYMINI.org was really blossoming and growing into a great forum. Your hardwork is appreciated.

I don't really know how to contact anyone (and don't remember any of the info...) for this Long Island impromptu run tomorrow and it's 4 am so I guess I won't be able to make it. Hopefully, we will be able to have a good board devoted to the NY area again soon.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Man ... I wake up on an early Sunday morning and hear this news ... that really is not cool if it is true.
Thanks for all you've done Gene ... let me know if I can help with anyhting !!!

·
Just Checking...
206 Posts
Inquiriing minds want to know.... :confused: This sucks bigtime....... what about bringing up the site under a different name.... there is a lot of content in there that may be lost forever.... I guess all good things must come to an end.... reminds me of when I closed my BBS down years ago..... or when a good board suddenly disappeared... but without the conspiracy part....... ok i'll stop rambling.....

·
Toy Kahuna
739 Posts
Gene,

Since the day I met you I have had the utmost respect for your genuine and sincere ways. I am truly sorry for this loss. What is there possible motivation to have this thing so bad? I suggest taking some time to regroup. Your friends and supporters will want you to come back under something else.

THANK YOU for your hard work in furthering the enjoyment of being a MINI owner.

Peace,

PinCity

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Gene, I am so sorry. :(

I used to check NAM occasionally, but have stayed away for the last few months. It has spiraled down into self destruction over there and I no longer am interested. I have to say I'm not surprised that some of those could treat you and your hard work so harshly.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What a rude surprise! I wake up early on a Sunday morning preparing to drive 9 plus hours taking my daughter back to college today and the first thing I go to check these days is NewYorkMini. I was shocked. And very saddened.

I'm a newcomer to the MINI world, but not to online communities and I just want to say that the folks I met on that site (in 3D and just online) were some of the nicest I've met. It made my new ownership of a MINI something wonderful.

Gene (yet to meet you but hope to soon at bowling), remember, it's not what is on the screen, but the folks behind it. They can't "steal" that.

I've posted at these three sites. NAM seemed very west coast oriented to me and I had little interest. I check here at MINI2 for the wider world stuff. But NewYorkMini (despite being in CT and having a low opinion of a lot of NYers, :bad: ), had become my neighborhood. I'll miss it. Hope folks can keep in touch though.

Thank god I've been through this online s**t before, or I'd be really upset.

·
Pirates in my ear
6,671 Posts
I'm so sorry!

This comes as a surprise to me as well, but I am outraged that they would try something so underhanded. I never go to NAM, and I don't particularly care for this site because it's too broad and difficult to find the topic you're looking for. I loved NYMINI and checked it a thousand times a day. I'll be the first to say that I WILL NOT be visiting this pirate site. I sincerely hope you open another site, for as Ben stated, there is a lot of content there and it would be a shame if it were lost. Stay strong, and remember we're on your side!

Annette

·
heh...lame
2,422 Posts
Dammit. I just registered yesterday.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts