MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys ,ok weve finally got the first 'GTT Lower Front Chassis Brace 'completed. (sometimes refered to as a lower strutbrace :confused: ,but you can call it that if you like & we'll know what you mean:smile: )
Spec :-
- Thick wall 32mm diameter tube .
-Hand mirror polished S316 stainless steel construction throughout (no mild steel anywhere)
- Fully tig welded (no tacks everything welded all the way around)
-Easy & quick to fit.
Mini2 Introductory price for First 20 off £85+vat (UK P&P £11+vat)
I will put some pics up tommorow, if you would like to order just pm /email/ telephone your card details. All will be despatched within 7 days max.
Best Regards Roland GT Tuning:smile:
-Pics are on Post #4 & #5:cool:

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK here it is on the car. Worth noting is although 15% larger diameter than the OMP version, the GTT brace sits slightly higher (3mm) therefore not sacrificing any ground clearance to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Roland - Next time you're working with a GP, take a look underneath and see if this will fit with the special underside of the GP! I love the GTT strut brace on my GP, I must say. Also, what is the weight of this piece? You know, some people, we're always worried about weight, of course I could go to they gym and lose some weight, that's a good idea, too.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Hello
Which is the advantage/benefits of the introduction GTT Lower Front Chassis Brace?

Best Regards

Don't have Roland's unit ( which is much more attractive than mine:rolleyes: ) but I can tell you this is money well spent. Berthil and I both did writeups on the OMP unit and I'm sure this is as good or better than that unit.

You will notice more suspension compliance. My wife noticed the car rode smoother. I did notice a small amount of understeer but that is easily corrected and to me it was a worthy trade off for the improvements gained. In my experience this has a more positive improvement than an upper strut bar.

I didn't see it noted but the bolts used are one time stretch to torque units and should not be reused. It'd be nice to see them included with the bar. Hint hint ;) ;)

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
roland how dose yours differ in terms of strength from the lower OMP one ? as visualy they apper to be very similar just as ive alredy got the omp and i need to know where the price is worth me upgrading (defo getting your other two thow as my upper omp is crap)

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi ,it uses a larger diameter tube, a thicker walled tube,and a stronger type of weld . Both the GTT lower braces offer a worthwhile upgrade, however having done a fair bit of testing ton all three GTT braces, the GTT Aerobox top Strutbrace IMO offers the bigest improvement of any single brace (even if you have an OMP ,JCW or other top brace already fitted.)
Best Regards Roland GTT:smile:

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
ahh good and the bank ballance doth take another hit but should be worth it for all 3 what are your veiws on the upper rears that people have mounted behind the rear seats ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Roland - Next time you're working with a GP, take a look underneath and see if this will fit with the special underside of the GP! I love the GTT strut brace on my GP, I must say. Also, what is the weight of this piece? You know, some people, we're always worried about weight, of course I could go to they gym and lose some weight, that's a good idea, too.
This is a beautiful thing! Please tell me more about improvements in the handling of the car!
Thanks !
And then, we really want to know, Will it fit the GP?:)

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi,Can you send me or post up some pics of the underside of the GP that highlight the differances .? -I might be able to tell from these.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Roland - Thanks and there are a number of pics of the underside of the GP over at Ian Cull's wonderful site The GPMINI go to the "gallery" link and in the "2006 General" folder there is a hyperlink to "Charlie's GP was Up on a Lift" folder and that has a number of different pics to the underside of the GP.

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Obe, yes it looks like it will be fine. Should the brace need spacing down a few mm to clear the subframe we can supply (no charge) some shims.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Roland. There's a rumor you're working on something along the same lines for the rear of the car.
Any truth to this?

I was glad to find that the bar I bought from you adds to the already nice improvement the OMP bar I have.
For anyone looking for improved handling I'd suggest getting both bars.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Don't have Roland's unit ( which is much more attractive than mine:rolleyes: ) but I can tell you this is money well spent. Berthil and I both did writeups on the OMP unit and I'm sure this is as good or better than that unit.

You will notice more suspension compliance. My wife noticed the car rode smoother. I did notice a small amount of understeer but that is easily corrected and to me it was a worthy trade off for the improvements gained. In my experience this has a more positive improvement than an upper strut bar.

I didn't see it noted but the bolts used are one time stretch to torque units and should not be reused. It'd be nice to see them included with the bar. Hint hint ;) ;)
Hello
Thanks For reply me Obehave.

Which is the difference of "GTT Lower Mid Chassis Brace" and the "GTT Lower Front Chassis Brace"

Best Regards

Best Regards

1 - 20 of 29 Posts