MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
Difference

You gotta be joking right?

The clue is in the questions - "MID" / "FRONT".

Both are lower, but one is more frontal than the other, here look....

The black chunky unit is the GTT "MID" lower brace. The red unit is the OMP "FRONT" lower brace.

Cheers,
K.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello
Thanks for reply 260GTT.

I Know the two unit´s it´s better...

I now only go to put one of them, in your opinion which the best choice (MID or Front)?

Best Regards

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
front even thow ive only got an omp one its made soo much differnace at the bottom front its worth it as the one to have if your only fitting one

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi Guys, I think the mid chassis brace may be of marginally more benefit than the front. The reason being although both our braces are very strong,the mid chassis brace uses four 12mm bolts to attach whereas the front uses just two 10mm bolts(one at each end,) therefore the mid chassis brace becomes a 'more integral part of the chassis.' All brands of front chassis braces use the same 2 'original' bolts to secure.
The front brace is stainless steel so does not need painting etc. We can powder coat one for you though if you want it black. £15 extra
Best Regards Roland GTT :smile:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a few questions on this brace.

1. Has anyone fitted this to a GP without having to alter the underbody paneling? After looking at the paneling it appears that it may fit with the stock JCW exhaust manifold if spacers are not required. If an aftermarket manifold was used and spacers were required I'm not sure it would fit.

2. For those of you that have this fitted were there any changes in NVH?

3. What are you impressions of the addition of the mid brace? I would really like to hear from people that have added it to a car that already had a GTT top aero brace and omp lower/GTT lower brace fitted.

Thanks for your help, it seems that their has not been any new data for a while.
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi, yes you can fit the lower mid brace to a GP , just use the optional spacer /long bolt kit (£15+vat extra ) . You can cut 4 small circles 30mm diameter in the plastic undertray where the spacer/bolts clamp. Very neat & easy . I havn't done it but I know Dave has ,with good sucess.
Best Regards Roland GTT:smile:

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts
I have a few questions on this brace.
I can't comment on the addition of this brace individually, as I had the GTT Aerobox and GTT lower front fitted simultaneously. However...

2. For those of you that have this fitted were there any changes in NVH?
Noise and harshness: Less of a 'crash' sound when you hit bumps. It felt like a slightly softer impact as the chassis doesn't twist as much. This forces the suspension to take more of the impact and less of it is transferred to the cabin.

Vibration: I have noticed fewer rattles in the car as a result of having the braces fitted.

3. What are you impressions of the addition of the mid brace? I would really like to hear from people that have added it to a car that already had a GTT top aero brace and omp lower/GTT lower brace fitted.
Simply awesome. The three braces combined make the front end much more pointy into corners and give a great driving feel. About 10 minutes into the drive I decided I'd I never again own/run a MINI without them - a few I still enthusiastically hold.

I later added the GTT Rear Brace and this further tightened up the car, making the back end feel as enthusiastic as the front to get into and round a corner. :D

Thanks for your help, it seems that their has not been any new data for a while.
Steve
No worries. :cool:

All the best,
Andrew.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can Roland or anybody provide advice on how to remove the lower front and mid chassis brace. On the face of it it would seem simple to unbolt; remove and replace bolts etc... But I am worried that the bolts would then be too long. Anyone able to confirm?

Re the mid brace... was this a replacement of a flimsy original brace or an additional brace? Again, don't want to remove and find the car is unsafe to drive etc.

BTW - all three GTT braces were fitted to my MCS convertible and completely transformed the handling. Unfortunately the time has come to sell the car on and I want to return to standard spec if possible.

Thanks in advance:)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts