MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say, my baby was sat outside work in the carpark today when it was stolen by two guys. I gave serious chase on foot as the traffic had caught them up but by the time I had gotten within 15ft of them the cars in front moved to the side (I assume he was flashing them). I was calling 999 as I gave chase but nothing has turned up. My baby has gone and I'm absolutely devastated. My boss seems to think this was nicked to order and it was lucky I never did catch up with the guys as they may have done me some harm - but by god I don't feel very lucky at the moment.

As my MINI was a bit of a head turner my family are saying that I should think about buying a 'normal car' as the MINI attracted to much attention but at the moment I couldn't even consider that. As it stands I don't want my car back as I feel violated by the :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: bags who stole it and the good times I had with my MINI would never be the same - I hope it's never recovered - god I feel so down :( :( :(

If anyone happens to see a chilli red mini with areo kit, black/white checkered roof, white bonnet stripes, blacked out windows, front spots - Index number LM53 RDU please call the Surrey police

Hope they haven't hurt her to bad :( :( :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROOBRYJ said:
M&M where did this happen in Surrey mate?

Send me a private message if you dont want to make it too public

Ta
Roob
Hi Roob,

Happened in Tolworth where I work, :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: came into my office after I'd pulled into my carpark, apparently had been casing the joint, they stole my keys and took my baby .........I'm finding it very hard to even speak at the moment ...My MINI is the only extravagance I have in life and I work bloody hard for it and now it's gone and I just don't know where to go from here....sorry to sound so suicidal but I'm so so gutted she was the best thing ever....

Police :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: up big time .......as I was chasing my car I was calling 999 and apparently it didn't go through as a 999 call so my call had a response time of 45 minutes. They did do a scour of the A3 and Wandsworth in the end but of course nothing showed up........I feel physically sick and I want blood. :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Sorry to hear of your plight,it seems to be an ever increasing greedy,envious society that we are breeding.If you can't be bothered to work for something go and nick someone elses seems to be the philosophy.I hope they catch the culprits.I know how vexed i get if someone bumps my car with a trolley in the car park,so i can't imagine how i'd be if someone stole my car.Its bad enough when anybody has a car stolen but with MINI owners, we tend to think alot more of our pride and joy and therefore it likely hurts more!For the cars sake you hope that its found in a reasonable condition but i understand why you wouldn't want it back.Those gits will have tainted your view of your MINI and your memories surrounding it.Hope you do find it in one piece just for your piece of mind,and i hope the get the *&%£ards that did it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zyo said:
Sorry to hear of your plight,it seems to be an ever increasing greedy,envious society that we are breeding.If you can't be bothered to work for something go and nick someone elses seems to be the philosophy.I hope they catch the culprits.I know how vexed i get if someone bumps my car with a trolley in the car park,so i can't imagine how i'd be if someone stole my car.Its bad enough when anybody has a car stolen but with MINI owners, we tend to think alot more of our pride and joy and therefore it likely hurts more!For the cars sake you hope that its found in a reasonable condition but i understand why you wouldn't want it back.Those gits will have tainted your view of your MINI and your memories surrounding it.Hope you do find it in one piece just for your piece of mind,and i hope the get the *&%£ards that did it.
Thanks Zyo, so do I. .......... I feel so lost at the moment and I know it's gonna get worse.

I have been told it was stolen to order and it was just as well I didn't catch up with them ...but by god even though they were two blokes and I am a girl I think I could have given them what for ........Let's see if she turns up in the next couple of weeks but I doubt it :( :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RobHardyUK said:
I will keep an eye out for this car, as i work near surrey, pity i dont know what you look like, as if i did and i saw someone different in there id break their legs. [email protected]
I'm a blonde I'm afraid and the two nasty :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: who stole my car are rough looking guys ..but I should imagine it's in a garage or the back of a lorry by now :(

Thanks for all your support guys and gals :) :)

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Keep onto the police though, make sure you do! Really makes me wonder weather to get a tracker. Trouble is, by time they chase it, its wrecked. :(

·
MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,106 Posts
Sorry to hear about you loss m&m. Hope the [email protected]$ who stole it rot in hell. Some theiving gits tried to nick my Mini by trying to get the keys off the hall tabel I disturbed them and they run off, but I was so annoyed even though they didn't get my car.

Soz
ukc4

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
OMFG -- I am reading this and am feeling physically sick

I am so sorry to hear of this, I can feel the pain in your loss

I hope something gets sorted real soon, don't give up on the Mini cos of this......

That just lets the scumbags of this earth win

Good Luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RobHardyUK said:
Keep onto the police though, make sure you do! Really makes me wonder weather to get a tracker. Trouble is, by time they chase it, its wrecked. :(
I was thinking the same thing - but do you really want your baby back after someone has thrashed her half to death, I'm thinking now that maybe it's just as well I didn't have a tracker fitted. I've already chased the police twice today but no good, I had a word with our local radio station 'Jackie' who put out a word for me on the news and I will ensure as many people as possible know about it - but I'm convinced she will never be seen again :( :(

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
what did the police say then? i never once have found the police of any use. one time, i was with 3 mates, completely innocent in my car one night, and next thing i kno, four cars full of people start chasing me about, i managed to lose em, went to the old bill - closed. 11pm on a friday night, wen most trouble occurs. typical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wen down there following monday, they didnt seem to even care!!!! We cannot do anything.

another time, my car got broken into, they didnt care, cant do anything again. I was like oh thats useful thanks!! but what can you do eh!

keep chasing tho, in ur case. can you claim off insruance?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wibbly said:
OMFG -- I am reading this and am feeling physically sick

I am so sorry to hear of this, I can feel the pain in your loss

I hope something gets sorted real soon, don't give up on the Mini cos of this......

That just lets the scumbags of this earth win

Good Luck
No way Wibbley, I'm not given up on the MINI at all -they are my passion, but I'm feeling all over the place at the moment- one minute feel like crying the next like screaming - I feel so helpless.

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
m&m.....I cant even think of words to console you right now, and certainly cannot imagine how you must be feeling.

I (as I am sure the rest of us MINI2er's) am sorry :(

Jones!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RobHardyUK said:
what did the police say then? i never once have found the police of any use. one time, i was with 3 mates, completely innocent in my car one night, and next thing i kno, four cars full of people start chasing me about, i managed to lose em, went to the old bill - closed. 11pm on a friday night, wen most trouble occurs. typical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wen down there following monday, they didnt seem to even care!!!! We cannot do anything.

another time, my car got broken into, they didnt care, cant do anything again. I was like oh thats useful thanks!! but what can you do eh!

keep chasing tho, in ur case. can you claim off insruance?
The two police officers who turned at my work for a statement seemed very nice but the actual procedure from my 999 phone call was a farce. A 999 call such as this (when in pursuit of a vechicle being stolen) should have been classed as immediate response, however, the call centre put it through as if I'd called the local station regarding a theft so the response time drops by about 45 minutes!! They might have even caught the :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: who took my car.

Yes I am fully insured, and they will pay out for a new car to be built to the same spec - but at this moment in time it's not the same - and I will have to wait 6 weeks for the insurance and then waiting time for MINI to be built again - I'm going to have to buy an old banger for the meanwhile.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
51 Participants
m&m
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing