MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering the chatter for Niello I thought I would chime in and give my initial results now that I've taken delivery of my Mini.

Paul Johnson was the salesman who has been helping me with my Mini. He was beyond my expectations. Always courteous, always helpful and always going out of his way to call me and make sure things are right. The manager is very helpful as well. No one tried to deceive me; they were up front about everything. Everyone was very eager to make sure I was happy … that is something you don’t see everyday from any company.

Simply put, everyone there was very nice and very helpful. This has been the best vehicle purchasing experience I've had. They do have a markup, but I didn't mind paying it ... I didn't want to wait 12+ months to get a car.

Bottom line, I’m very satisfied so far. I would recommend purchasing from Niello if you don’t mind the markup and getting your Mini in 3 months rather than 12+.

·
Registered
14 Posts

“ Originally Posted by AprilWhine

I was told they just didn't call. Also said if I had been a Crown customer, maybe they would have called. With customer service like that, I won't be a Crown customer in the future either. ”

Man that is atrocious! What an incredibly lousy attitude. I've had my MINI in for some work this week including getting the rear fogs and they kept me informed at every step along the way. Must have called me 5 or 6 times. Just for the record the rear fogs cost $86.25 for the parts and $50 labor plus $6 tax. Not bad really, only $32 more than what some people are paying to install it themselves and the car came back really clean. Worth it when you are as lazy and mechanically uninclined as I am. The dealer (from whom I did not buy my MINI) by the way was the infamous Niello (who actually turn out to have a pretty good service department).

SEJANUS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2002 Cooper, Chili Red/White, CVT
1966 Red Mustang Coupe, 289
1996 Subaru Legacy Wagon
________________________________________________________________________________
iT'S NICE TO SEE SOME PEOPLE CAN GIVE SECOND CHANCES~
THANK YOU

·
4,976 Posts
Hmm, methinks Niello's been doing a search for their name. :D But it's true I have been quite pleased with Niello's service dept. overall. Very pleasant, courteous and helpful, especially on short notice. Good shuttle service as well. That doesn't change my disappointment at their early sales policies, but that's water under the bridge, especially since they seemed to have dropped the no custom orders policy. I still think the mark up is a bit much, but hey if someone is willing to pay it that's their business.

·
4,976 Posts
GMINI03 said:
Just for the record the MSRP on the rear fog light switch panel is $75 so just like their cars their parts are being price gouged too.
Perhaps, but compared to some of the other prices I've seen people quoting around here from other dealers Niello seems to be amongst the more reasonable service departments. Some folks have been quoted $125 or more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Best of the Price Gougers

Niello is #1 in price gouging. Bad attitudes and poor customer service, unless of course you bend over and pay exactly what they want you to pay. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dec 15th, 2003, 04:58 PM #5
Paul Mullett
MINI2 Administrator

OK, the reason could be that you ONLY ever seem to post about Niello.

Nov 21st, 2003, 10:19 PM
Nov 14th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Oct 13th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Oct 12th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Sep 9th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Sep 9th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Aug 15th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Aug 12th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Aug 7th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Aug 7th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Jul 26th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Jul 15th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Jun 5th, 2003, 05:29 AM
May 8th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Mar 1st, 2003, 12:55 AM
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Jan 13th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Jan 12th, 2003, 03:53 AM <-- Not a negative post that one.
Jan 9th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Jan 8th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Dec 3rd, 2002, 07:38 PM
The list goes on...

In fact, I believe EVERY POST you've ever made since May 23rd 2002 was about Niello!

Now you may well have a point to make, but I think that's OTT, and you dont seem to do anything else here other than bemoan/slate/and complain about Niello.

This could be the reason why one or more posts have been removed.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow, it's been a while since I checked in on the Niello posts but it looks like things haven't changed much. Niello still overcharges at every opportunity, but they do have a good service department and salespeople.
Considering my past experiences with Niello, I only them for FREE scheduled maintenance or warranty work. I make my purchases elsewhere.
I tend to agree with Sejanus that Niello has improved by letting customers order their cars (something almost EVERY other dealer did from the start) but it's obvious they're out for the biggest profit possible. They're a business so it's their right to do so, I just spend my money elsewhere.
Motor On!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a great experience with Niello - saw the one I wanted on their site and had it in two weeks. Great experience at the dealership etc. Convinced my sisiter to buy one in San Diego at Brecht Mini - and have regretted it ever since. They suck. Within two months the car needed a new transmission, dashboard and gear shift knob - and they seem to think this is normal!! Didn't even offer her a loaner - and she lives over 30 miles away from them. To make matters worse - CSR for Mini has been NO HELP AT ALL!

·
When Will Sanity Prevail
641 Posts
We've had nothing but great service and care at Niello. Wade Gardner was our sales rep, and was on the spot, always answered our questions, and was prompt returning calls. Even when we came in for a service check, he came out to greet us and ask how things were. The whole gang there has been a delight. Crystal, Paul, Eva, Dave and Gary have all chatted with us.

We got our Mini at MSRP (no other dealer we talked to would do that), didn't need to leave a deposit (no other dealer would do that either), and got it about two weeks sooner than expected. There was a minor problem with the driver's side visor that was fixed in minutes as we waited when we took delivery.

NEVER had an overcharge, NEVER have had any problems at all.

·
4,976 Posts
Been a long time since anyone has posted about Niello here, but I thought this deserved mention. I was missing a screw from my rear license plate and couldn't find one that fit at the local auto parts place. I took the car into Niello and asked one of the service advisors. I was just looking for them to provide the part, but he went out in the rain to check the car out, found a screw that matched my older model and while the rain started to really pour down installed it. No charge. It's not a big deal, but just the same really good customer service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts