MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Not sure if this is the best forum to post this to, but here goes.)

So, the day finally came. My 02 MC found a good home, and financing was secured as I went in to pick up our 05 MCSC. During the pre-delivey inspection everything seemed to be going fine. The car looked better than I had hoped. Until...

I got to the passenger side door and closed it. The sound that came from the car was a hollow clunk followed by a rattle. It just didn't seem right. I went over to the driver's side door. It closed with a solid thud as I had expected.

I rushed over to find my MA and had him try the door. He quickly agreed that there was something very wrong with the car. In fact, he said he thought hat there were some major issues with the car frame. As I paced nervously, he went off to make some calls to see what could be done. After standing around for what seemed like an eternity, I walked into his office. It was then he told me the news - the car couldn't be delivered and probably wouldn't be ready until early January. I was livid! I didn't know what to say other than I wasn't going to accept the car if it was just repaired - I wanted a new build and nothing less.

I tried to convince myself that it was going to be okay. That I could wait another five weeks for delivery of my car. And then...

I woke up! It was just a dream. As I sit here typing away, MINI is two days away from reaching New York. I expect all will be fine and we should be motoring in about another 7-10 days. Now I just pray that dreams don't always come true. ;)

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
You had me up top the part where you had to go and find your MA. Your MA would have been right there with you for the entire handover.....in a proper dealership!

Peter...who's glad it was just a dream in any event...in Denver

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AussieMini said:
That's funny because I used to have these dreams that I only got 9,000ks out of my tyres...
lmao - yes, sad but true. I'm planning on getting a set of Toyo Proxies right off the bat and selling the run flats on eBay straight away.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's like a dream I had: during my handover, I realized that a bunch of the options I ordered weren't ordered correctly by my dealer...

wait, I forgot...that REALLY happened to me! :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts