MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been thinking about this for afew weeks now, and seen the Water IC spray kits, thought this was the most racical solution for IC cooling ;)

Anyone tried it ???

Thoughts on it ???

Opinions on how good it would be on the MCS ???

Cheers

·
" Wooooosahhh! "
46 Posts
well, considering the NX Ntercooler sprayer kit actually does provide horsepower gains when sprayed, I don't see why it wouldn't have the same effect on a MCS :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting reading on that CO2 install.

The NOS Halo is slightly different, and wont effect the intake as bad if sucked in, so jobs a good 'un. Will wait to get the dimensions of my GRS IC then send them away for the bar to be built :)

Cheers Guys.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wylie_eyed said:
why not go the whole hog and inject the N2o directly, 75bhp instantaneously :D :D :D
I want to do the install myself, and the thought of tapping the fuel line for a wet kit kinda puts me off to be honest. The halo works on pure N2O and therefore doesn't require any fuel to be added with the solenoids etc.

I know its not a massive HP gain, but i would help, and is simple enough to do :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm sure some of you have heard enough of this :)rolleyes: ), but here is my personal experience with something like this.

I'm actually surprised to see that a vendor of this is claiming only a 6hp gain. When my car was on the dyno, we played with this idea in sorts. First my car was dynoed at 199HP. We then did a follow-up dyno with simply blowing Co2 into the hood scoop from an almost empty bottle. You could HEAR the difference in HP and a quick look over at the dyno showed that what you were hearing was in fact true HP. Dyno read 214.6. About a 15 hp gain and I do believe it would have gone to 220, but the bottle ran out before the dyno run was done.

Click Here for the printout.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts