MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to the Mini rep.for MINI of Nashville and was told their showroom would be finished in June and the 1st Coopers would arrive after the completion. He also indicated to me (#61 on general list) that if I ordered a Cooper it would probably be around August for delivery. He said if I wanted a Cooper S (which I do) the wait would be "considerably longer". I guess I will have to trek to a MINI dealer opening in this month just to see and test drive the cars. Anyone else in a similar situation? I wonder how many Mini dealers will be opening this month? :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lemooz,

I'm #1 on the overall list at BMW (Mini) of Nashville, and was told to expect delivery of my Cooper S probably in late July to early August.

I've been on the list since early January of 2001, how about you? I'd be interested to hear, since I'm #1 and you're #61, how far apart we actually placed our deposits.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MikeNSX said:
Lemooz,

I'm #1 on the overall list at BMW (Mini) of Nashville, and was told to expect delivery of my Cooper S probably in late July to early August.

I've been on the list since early January of 2001, how about you? I'd be interested to hear, since I'm #1 and you're #61, how far apart we actually placed our deposits.
MikeNsx, I placed my deposit in early January this year. Man, that's 12 months apart! The rep was going to SF to the MINI dealers drive/ training today (tuesday).He said when he returned he was going to mail out the brochures for the MINI to all the people on the list. He also said he was going to break the list down for those wanting Coopers and those wanting Cooper S. Do you know if more people on the list are waiting for the S or just Coopers? When I place my deposit, it seemed that not too many people were wanting the S, but who knows? Anyway please keep me posted with any info you hear.And I'll do the same. :D :p Lemooz

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
It's an interesting question, and sorry to butt in on what ostensibly relates to the US. It may be of interest all the same. I paid my deposit for my S in early Nov 2001. Delivery date sept/oct 2002. People paying their deposits for an S right now, 4 months after mine, are still getting quoted a sept/oct 2002 delivery date. I guess car allocations per dealer play a part, but it seems a lot of us have paid money upfront for no apparent benefit.

Anyway, just thought i'd chuck that in for what it's worth.

:)

·
Registered
783 Posts
I put down my deposit in November, have been notified that I will get the call to place my order in March, and that the "regular" deliveries of cars will begin in June. I think I'm in the top ten at my dealer (was seventeenth on the "contact list", before deposits were called for). Based on that, I'm expecting June or July delivery.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am #12 on the list in Nashville, gave them my deposit May 26th. As of 2 weeks ago I was told I would be placing my order for the S in July with an expected delivery sometime around September.

Any idea who the MINI reps are going to be?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
normalizer said:
I am #12 on the list in Nashville, gave them my deposit May 26th. As of 2 weeks ago I was told I would be placing my order for the S in July with an expected delivery sometime around September.

Any idea who the MINI reps are going to be?
Normalizer; No idea about the reps. Based on your info and being No.12 on list with your proposed Sept.delivery, I'm looking at 2003 probably since I'm No.61 on list. Any idea how many on list want the S or just plain Coopers? The mini man there told me he was going to make 2 lists when he returns from SF. One for plain and one for S. I want the S.It's gonna be awhile, I 'spec. :( LEMOOZ

·
Registered
218 Posts
I live in Southern California.

We've got 5 or 6 Authorized Mini Dealerships here, each with waiting lists in the hundreds (some in the multiple hundreds).

Unfortunately I didn't get in until last December, and the dealerships aren't giving exact placement positions yet (ie: #'s).. but I figure I have a while to wait.

So will certain, more popular dealerships be gettting a larger allotment of cars, based on their extraordinary waiting lists?

Also, if there's truly such a demand here in Southern California, why haven't I see very many locals on these boards?

Local dealerships are not yet taking deposits, so my hope is that a large portion of the lists are A: people only mildly interested (recent Car Show came through) and B: the same people on all 5 dealership lists.

I probably shouldn't be reading these boards every day, knowning I've got a good year wait ahead of me....

sixfoot6

BRG Cooper S... some day....

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
sixfoot6 said:

Local dealerships are not yet taking deposits, so my hope is that a large portion of the lists are A: people only mildly interested (recent Car Show came through) and B: the same people on all 5 dealership lists.
Indeed, I really hope there's a decent attrition rate on the wait lists, people who decide to just get a "plain" Cooper or perhaps have a different view on things when the dealer actually asks for serious money instead of just a $500 deposit (the going rate at my dealership). Anything to make the line go quicker!

-Ricardo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts