MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With no dealers in Texas, I must motor 300 miles to buy a MINI or have it serviced. Please, someone more level-headed than I, tell me, am I nuts?:confused:

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
JohnPaul,
I think you better send a PM to BruceK so you can commiserate! Or should that be co-misery-ate.
No, you are not nuts, just obsessed like the rest of us.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I sent him an email. but as a co-misery-ator, I doubt he'll try to talk me out of going for it. I'm hoping there are a couple of good diners in Kenner Lousiana. So the trip over for routine maintenance won't be for naught.

Lucky you - just zip up to Comm Ave for your check ups!

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Actually I have to go a bit further to Peabody. The dealer in Boston showed no interest in providing information. They were stand-offish, rude and ignorant. I also heard a rumor that when they did start taking deposits they wanted $1,000 cash! On the other hand, BMW/MINI in Peabody took my deposit last August and has been helpful, frank and understanding of my obsession.
Maybe MINI USA will get the message about the Boston dealer's reputation and give the franchise to someone in TX!
Wishful thinking.
Well, y'all have a good day now, y'hear.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
JohnPaul said:
With no dealers in Texas, I must motor 300 miles to buy a MINI or have it serviced. Please, someone more level-headed than I, tell me, am I nuts? :confused:
JohnPaul, yes you are nuts :), and yes, I'm sure I'm no more levelheaded than you as I'm 200 miles further than you from that same dealer in Louisiana. :p

Take a look at this thread and you'll see there are lots of us in this predicament.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3380

The only good thing from a Texas perspective, is this should be taken care of sometime when the BMW vs. Texas lawsuit is settled and some MINI dealers are announced in this state. Until then......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Texas lawsuit

Anybody have an idea of the status of the BMW Texas Lawsuit or a link to a web page to keep up to date on this court case?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts