MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, alot of people ask how they can cure rusty disc syndrome. ie the centre portion of the disc which is not swiped by the pads. Bare metal aftermarket discs are the worst but even painted/passivate coatings dont hold up forever. The very high temps will burn anything off in time.
Ive come up with a design to fit stock size front & rear discs. It is an aluminium bell that sits across the face (where the wheel bolts on) and right over the outside of the bell ,all the way inboard to the friction face.
Design features:-
-DIY fitted in minutes
-transferable to new discs time & time again
-Lightweight aluminium, CNC turned,milled and fabricated, in various colours eg. clear, red ,blue, black, yellow ,grey.
-Looks like part of the disc .
Just wondering how popular this would be if we went ahead. Its just people spend a fortune on nice wheels only to leave a ring of rust in the middle.
Best Regards Roland GTT:smile:

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
yes please, in blue/black/clear anything but red
one of the main good things about s-spokes is they hide the rusty disc,
how soon till they are on the market?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'd be interested in black or silver

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Guessing this would in effect become a 1mm (or less) spacer? Or am I missing something.

Sounds like a nifty idea though.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'd also be interested in these - I assume that they would also fit the Spiroslot brakes sice they are stock diameter?

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
Another genius idea Roland. Any pics? Even design pics would be good if you haven't got them fabricated yet.

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
new wheels on order, where are my new bell boots?:hmph:
hate to fit them then take them off again

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi, ok looks like they would be quite popular. I need to look at which production method we need to use based on material sizes readily available. I'll keep you posted.
Best Regards Roland GTT

·
!!
29 Posts
Roland,

I've been checking the GGT website and am probably going to get some 16mm wheel spacers.
Can the bell boots be used with these without problem?

Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Sounds good idea. What sort of price would these be? Might look quite cool behind R105's

I was going to go for your spiroslot discs, as my sisters A3 has discs which have similar coating to stop them rusting, but my guy who would fit them cant due to family circumstances so having to just go with BMW discs and pads.:(

·
Now Aero Kitted!
330 Posts
Hi Roland

Will you be developing this for the R56 as well? Or will it fit anyway as the wheels fit both models

Cheers

Den

1 - 20 of 59 Posts