·
Registered
70 Posts
Will these fit over BBK's such as AP's?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Be interested to see the photos.

Also what material are you making them from? And do they fit like a spacer? If so how thick is the spacer bit, as im currently running spacers in the front.

Thinking a black set would look neat. As long as they dont look like painted brake drums

·
Nearly there
3,142 Posts
I painted my hubs silver but I can't get a colour match for the JCW calipers so I might have to get the rear calipers powder coated to match!

PMP what about these drums?

100_1226.jpg 100_1227.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Guys the 'spacer' part adds just 1.5mm so has virtually no effect on track width. Doesnt require longer bolts and can be used with existing spacers. :smile:
They wont look like painted drums, we could even anodise these 'bell boots' instead of powder coating, which 'looks' even more aluminium. (they are aluminium BTW)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Hi Guys the 'spacer' part adds just 1.5mm so has virtually no effect on track width. Doesnt require longer bolts and can be used with existing spacers. :smile:
They wont look like painted drums, we could even anodise these 'bell boots' instead of powder coating, which 'looks' even more aluminium. (they are aluminium BTW)
Sounds brilliant roland. I'll wait to see the first photos.

Can you get other parts anodised or powder coated?

Have a couple of fixings off the mini that look a bit tatty, think they are aluminium and would look well anodised or powder coated.

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
FYI all... i had Spiroslot rear brakes fitted and they aready come coated (far better than the Tarrox kit i had that rusted big time!!!)

·
I can't get no sleep
868 Posts
Hi Roland so how much more would the anodising be?? have you got any dates when they'll be done by???

·
Registered
293 Posts
Bumping this.

Any news on availability, need to hide the rust and starting to look at BBKs as an option if these boots are going to take a while.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
hi, the rears will fit R56 anyway as are the same size, I think another version for R56 fronts would be available depending on popularity of these First Gen. ones.
Best Regrds Roland GTT:smile:

·
Registered
153 Posts
were they actually made then? i only stumbled across this thread earlier whilst doing some research on brakes, and thought they sounded like a great bit of kit!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts