MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
silence all over the place
ins\'t there realy no insider who can tell us some more ??

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
STWB said:
silence all over the place
ins\'t there realy no insider who can tell us some more ??
Well the works versions are mentioned elsewhere, but your right..... The Alpina version is probably just a rumour......

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Re: no news about alpina or works

Basil said:

Well the works versions are mentioned elsewhere, but your right..... The Alpina version is probably just a rumour......
Just to put this back at the top......someone, somewhere, must know more.........

·
Registered
105 Posts
Alpina!!!!!!!!

The Alpina will apparently be produced, may take a while, however the bosses at Alpina have visted the factory that produces the engine and is looking into it for a possible short run of cars, expect around 200bhp, with the possibility of a clubmans car, or one that can be specced from the full BMW options list, however, it will not be Turbo charged (they are not into that!).
Expect it to be expensive when it arrives. (say £20k plus).
and when it does it will probably be available in a limited range of colours, it should be ordered via your local dealer.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Alpina!!!!!!!!

AER said:
The Alpina will apparently be produced, may take a while, however the bosses at Alpina have visted the factory that produces the engine and is looking into it for a possible short run of cars, expect around 200bhp, with the possibility of a clubmans car, or one that can be specced from the full BMW options list, however, it will not be Turbo charged (they are not into that!).
Expect it to be expensive when it arrives. (say £20k plus).
and when it does it will probably be available in a limited range of colours, it should be ordered via your local dealer.
It would be "supercharged" though wouldn't it ?

I have looked around the web, and can find next to nothing on the development of this car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Basil
Through various links, I have access to some info from Alpina, hence the above.
The trouble is, the modifications they do are tried and tested via some very exhaustive tests, prior to being shown to BMW themselves (they have a cursory interest as you can imagine-warranty issues etc)
Alpina’s stds are very high so they make sure every car they produce is worthy of both BMW and Alpina’s name.
When, not sure, I can’t find out! How much, again the same answer, but output, 200bhp plus a healthy increase in torque is probably garaunteed, and will more than likely form the base engine spec, with more to come. (they always increase on base BMW’s one way or another, for example their B3.3 is a serious M3 rival), and yes it is more than likely to retain the supercharger.
But at the end of the day we’ll have to wait with baited breath.
I’d put my name down when it does arrive!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Is this old news, or New news ?

http://www.bmwclub.org.hk/index2.html

Alpina to build Mini.

Alpina is developing a 200 Bhp Mini Cooper S capable of outgunning the Subaru Impreza WRX................................... Cooper S 6 speed Getrag gearbox is capable of absorbing the 200 Bhp

Use the link to read the rest. In the news section.

As I say. Could be old news......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts