MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi after reading many threads on mini2 I have come to recognise that many people have had a very long list of faults with their mini! i have a 2004 cooper, had it since september and i havent had 1 problem with it! it feels a good solid car and dosent have any little rattles like people alot of people have experienced! no warning lights coming on and no engine problems at all! is there anyone else on here who is 100% satisfied with their car since picking it up from the dealer?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yup - my 2003 MC just passed 25K miles with no problems. OK, I had one bout of "twitching gauges" but it went as mysteriously as it came.

·
Astro
295 Posts
my 2005 car is excelent, i have a small problem with the reverce gear making a noise, but its no major thing, i love my car, ive had it 1 and a half months and done 3500miles!!!

(i dont even drive to work)

·
Registered
947 Posts
'04 MCS (9/2003 build, one of the very first 2004's) and after 13 months of ownership and 15K miles absolutely not a single problem with it!

0 warranty related repairs to date

0 rattles and squeaks

100% fun all the way!!!

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good, i have had no problems what so ever, this is the way it should be! its good to know i have warrantee there if i need to use it, but hopefully never have to use it!

never enjoyed driving so much until now!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
This question was asked in a round about way a few months ago - at the time after having my second MCS (1st one had 25 faults Mini took it back and gave me a new one) for a few months I reported no problems, about 3 weeks later I had the gearbox replaced, I love the Mini obviously, the quality is getting better and better and is in a differnt league to that of Renault Citroen Honda etc... but having driven a few BMW's and owned a couple I think Mini still has a fair way to go to reach the standards of BMW.....but id still have another D

No need to question if I thrash or dont look after them properly, as whenever they are part ex'd I get top wack for them as there in such good condition - there driven correctly - I.E not thrased when cold - fluid levels always topped up etc etc

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are obviously getting better assemblers on the assembley line at mini in oxford! the newer ones are feeling very solid and i have no complaints what so ever!

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
MSC built Jan 2004, just coming up to 11,000 miles (daily use). No problems :D apart from the trim at the end of the drivers door (by the rear passenger window) is a little loose :rolleyes: which is nothing so am very pleased with it thus far :D

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh there is one thing! my number plate clear laminate has bubled up on the back! not car related tho just a crap number plate maker at bmw workshop! taking it back, they will do that under warrany as its been like that since day 1! not really bad but quite annoying still tho!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 05 MCS is nearing 3 months old and has had no problems yet (touch wood) Compare that to my '03 MC which if I recall corrrectly visited the dealer 5 times before it reached 3 months old and went back a few times after that for some fairly significant work like a new clutch. Having said that I loved the MC and considered it to be a very well built car, it's just I think the later models are even better...(waits for engine to drop out on way home :p )

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've had my 2004 Cooper since late January (Dec '03 build). I have 6,500 trouble-free miles so far. (touch wood!) It still makes me smile everytime I drive it.

·
Hillbilly boy
1,214 Posts
notts04chillimini said:
hi after reading many threads on mini2 I have come to recognise that many people have had a very long list of faults with their mini! i have a 2004 cooper, had it since september and i havent had 1 problem with it! it feels a good solid car and dosent have any little rattles like people alot of people have experienced! no warning lights coming on and no engine problems at all! is there anyone else on here who is 100% satisfied with their car since picking it up from the dealer?
Apart from the lack of a Cooper S chassis number....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts