MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mini Died!

Diving along and I got the follow error lights.

Airback
abs
out of petrol
engine light
and then the speedo went off!

BMW came out and the car had to go in to the dealer, even thought the BMW computer, could not find an issue just lots of error merssages.

Te engineer did point out the petrol gauge goes from bright to dim when drining??

had any one had these issues?

·
Registered
192 Posts
My Mini Died!

Diving along and I got the follow error lights.

Airback
abs
out of petrol
engine light
and then the speedo went off!

BMW came out and the car had to go in to the dealer, even thought the BMW computer, could not find an issue just lots of error merssages.

Te engineer did point out the petrol gauge goes from bright to dim when drining??

had any one had these issues?
i haven't had any of your errors, i do get the bright & dimming petrol guage. This is normal when the sensor picks up it is bright outside the guage goes bright & when there is low light it dims.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It Failed Again!

The first time this happened the dealer said that the engineer earth cables had croded agway (less than one year!)
The problem happend again this week, driving along at 70mph :) and loss of speedo and lots of warning lights, This time the dealer said the engineer managementment fuse had croded away and need to be replaced.
Starting to loose fath in my Mini - the avis hirecar was a cleo which I never thought I would say this was an improvment, just can't trust my mini. Waiting for BMW customer services to responde now to why this has happnded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts