MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving my 07 R56 S the other day and it just died, the engine that is. Wont start now. No fault codes. 2 pending codes for air intake sensors. Throttle body makes squealing and clicking noises when ignition is on. Engine cranks, fuel is coming out of HP side of pump and I have voltage at the coils. Could the throttle body have conked out or is there a more obvious explanation?

· Registered
13,570 Posts
you say no fault codes what are you using to scan it, cheap hand held scanners dont tend to cover p-codes something like autocom cdp plus or insta bmw software will also some other carly app will do basic codes best for money all round one is auto com cdp plus

· Registered
591 Posts
Me, I would amuse myself by removing the oil filler cap and have a friend turn the engine over while I watch the cam shafts to see if they are also turning, just to rule out a timing chain fail.

· Registered
13,570 Posts
Me, I would amuse myself by removing the oil filler cap and have a friend turn the engine over while I watch the cam shafts to see if they are also turning, just to rule out a timing chain fail.
trouble is with that unless chain is totally snapped it will turn they tend to snap off top guide then jump teeth, compression test a must do job, i;m in middle of doing a cooper s that cat blocked up on and the heat and energy had to go somewhere ie took out the lower part of piston, that also had inlet codes on it and 02 sensor codes and cat threshold funny enough had a cps code as well as chain was 2-3 teeth stretched after 60k, joys of performance engines and chocolate chains, the owner thought 5 litres of oil to 1000 miles is ok,, bmw say 1 litre to 1000 miles give or take 200 miles is the norm that was today at main dealers had a good d=chat with service guy really helpful to be honest,, i'm switching more to buy from genuine parts these days as it seems prices have come down or more in line with after market on a lot of stuff. £1.09 for big end bolts each even the camshaft bolts £3.00 ish

· Registered
13,570 Posts
no not bad mate never bad i do t all the time lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.